View Single Post
maxthruput's Avatar maxthruput
06-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Like I stated in the discussion ...Maynard needs to stop with this back turning shit...he's not Miles Davis. At least he could get away with it, although Ive heard people say that he was an arrogant prick for doing it.

Anyway, on to the review...After seeing 5 Tool shows in Florida since '98 and a few in other parts of the country I can say that they have slowly evolved into quite the artsy band. Maybe, next time they will build a big wall around the stage while they're playing and blow it up at the end of the show? I was at the Sunrise show in '01....the upper level was completely unsold! '07 was nearly sold out....It seems that whatever they're doing is working so why change it?

The crowd was full of the typical south florida trash...spoiled fucking rejects from around the world who think with their mouths open. The venue staff was typical of south florida...low paid, low mentality, "special work program" types who harrassed only those that appeared peaceful & respectful.

On the positive side, the sound was very crisp where I was seated. The visuals were spot on as was the bands performance. Wish they would've changed the set list for us....When I heard them start "Right in Two" I bolted...There's only so much of the new album I can take...Lateralus is a nice song but, not worth sitting through 10kdays..IMO. Pushit or Flood could've changed that for me.

My 1 and only Tool show for 10KD...not bad but, not like '01 or '02 or even '98. I miss the old days more and more....peace

Last edited by maxthruput; 06-07-2007 at 02:14 PM..
Old 06-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #23
got poopy? (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 7
Re: 2007/06/01 - Sunrise, FL - Bank Atlantic Center

Like I stated in the discussion ...Maynard needs to stop with this back turning shit...he's not Miles Davis. At least he could get away with it, although Ive heard people say that he was an arrogant prick for doing it.

Anyway, on to the review...After seeing 5 Tool shows in Florida since '98 and a few in other parts of the country I can say that they have slowly evolved into quite the artsy band. Maybe, next time they will build a big wall around the stage while they're playing and blow it up at the end of the show? I was at the Sunrise show in '01....the upper level was completely unsold! '07 was nearly sold out....It seems that whatever they're doing is working so why change it?

The crowd was full of the typical south florida trash...spoiled fucking rejects from around the world who think with their mouths open. The venue staff was typical of south florida...low paid, low mentality, "special work program" types who harrassed only those that appeared peaceful & respectful.

On the positive side, the sound was very crisp where I was seated. The visuals were spot on as was the bands performance. Wish they would've changed the set list for us....When I heard them start "Right in Two" I bolted...There's only so much of the new album I can take...Lateralus is a nice song but, not worth sitting through 10kdays..IMO. Pushit or Flood could've changed that for me.

My 1 and only Tool show for 10KD...not bad but, not like '01 or '02 or even '98. I miss the old days more and more....peace

Last edited by maxthruput; 06-07-2007 at 02:14 PM..
OFFLINE |