View Single Post
bambooburgler's Avatar bambooburgler
06-07-2007, 03:20 AM

My fifth Tool show since '98. By far the best. I agree that Jambi was amazing as an opener. PUSHIT was phenomenal as was Lateralus with the extended drum break in the middle, during which Justin kept playing his one-two-three-four, repeated solo lick while kneeling down and adjusting his pedals while Danny awed and inspired. He did this thing with double-sticking from one head to the next...difficult to explain with words. The drummers when I was in college marching band used to do it on the quads. It was incredible to see Danny doing it. Danny Carey is living proof for a need to encourage kids to take music classes/band in school.

There was a "vibe" at this particular show. Might have been all the pot smoke in the air, or maybe something else. The guy next to me remarked after the show that he felt like he'd just had a religious experience. I'd have to say I felt the same thing.

Thanks for a incredible experience, Tool.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/24 - Baton Rouge, LA - River Center

My fifth Tool show since '98. By far the best. I agree that Jambi was amazing as an opener. PUSHIT was phenomenal as was Lateralus with the extended drum break in the middle, during which Justin kept playing his one-two-three-four, repeated solo lick while kneeling down and adjusting his pedals while Danny awed and inspired. He did this thing with double-sticking from one head to the next...difficult to explain with words. The drummers when I was in college marching band used to do it on the quads. It was incredible to see Danny doing it. Danny Carey is living proof for a need to encourage kids to take music classes/band in school.

There was a "vibe" at this particular show. Might have been all the pot smoke in the air, or maybe something else. The guy next to me remarked after the show that he felt like he'd just had a religious experience. I'd have to say I felt the same thing.

Thanks for a incredible experience, Tool.