View Single Post
herramienta
06-05-2007, 11:46 AM

This was my 10th Tool Show.

Observations:
1. Unfortunately, I think Maynard's voice is going. This tour have noticed that there is lessing singing and more musical interludes. A decade prior they would play continually for 2+ hours with Maynard not taking as many "water" breaks. He did sound good, though, when signing.
2. Having missed the last tour, since when did Tool begin attracting "Eminem" crotch-grabbing wannabes? People, it ain't fricken rap music or reggaton. Go beat down Limp Bizkit's door if your gonna act like wiggers.
3. I stood by too many sing-alongers.... unfortunately. People don't grasp the fact that Tool is loud, soul-beating music. It ain't for the Celine Dion sings-alongs. If it was, then you'd see Maynard talking to all us all night like a Chatie-Kathy doll. I love the fact they come to rock, no bullshit.

Overall, great show. Lights, sound. What else needs to be said. For those lifer's like I, rate it higher that Ænima, on par with Undertow tour (missed the Lateralus show). Opiate still is untouchable.

If you have a chance to see it, don't miss it.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/02 - Jacksonville, FL - Veteran's Memorial Coliseum

This was my 10th Tool Show.

Observations:
1. Unfortunately, I think Maynard's voice is going. This tour have noticed that there is lessing singing and more musical interludes. A decade prior they would play continually for 2+ hours with Maynard not taking as many "water" breaks. He did sound good, though, when signing.
2. Having missed the last tour, since when did Tool begin attracting "Eminem" crotch-grabbing wannabes? People, it ain't fricken rap music or reggaton. Go beat down Limp Bizkit's door if your gonna act like wiggers.
3. I stood by too many sing-alongers.... unfortunately. People don't grasp the fact that Tool is loud, soul-beating music. It ain't for the Celine Dion sings-alongs. If it was, then you'd see Maynard talking to all us all night like a Chatie-Kathy doll. I love the fact they come to rock, no bullshit.

Overall, great show. Lights, sound. What else needs to be said. For those lifer's like I, rate it higher that Ænima, on par with Undertow tour (missed the Lateralus show). Opiate still is untouchable.

If you have a chance to see it, don't miss it.
OFFLINE |