View Single Post
reachinupandreachinout's Avatar reachinupandreachinout
06-03-2007, 06:16 PM

Re: 2007/06/02 - Jacksonville, FL - Veteran's Memorial Coliseum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely fucking incredible show. Just got home in NC, 6 and a half hour drive. Was in section 114, and it seemed like there was about five of us really into the show. However, no one around me was disrespectful towards anyone near them or the band.
--"GET READY TO HAVE WET VAGINAS, GOVERNMENT APPROVED."--
Melt Banana is horrible, horrible, horrible. I think that they literally just made as much racket as they could for a solid 40 minutes or something. Unfortunately, I think I saw that they are also going to be in Greenville and Winston-Salem, which I will be attending both.
Tool Took the stage at like 9:10. Played till 11:00 on the dot or close to it. Saw them in DC back in September, and this time around was in my opinion tons better. Not that the DC show was bad, it was amazing. But it seemed that all the wrinkles from DC had been ironed out and this show was flawless, not to mention the visuals, stage set up, and LASERS were unbelievable this time around. The lasers did so much more in Jax than in Washington, DC.
Overall, I was very pleased with the venue. Loved Jacksonville, it was very simple to navigate to and from my hotel, which was a Ramada Limited off Lane Ave (off of I-10). Not much to offer in the way of bars close to the arena, but I would definitely visit again.
As far as Tool is concerned, thanks for another stellar performance. See you in Greenville Tuesday.

Ok so maybe when I originally posted last night, my wishing of a very tragic disease on some FEMALE that was bad mouthing the show was a little much. I do apologize. However, let me explain once again that I parked close to the Jags arena, and on my way back to the car this girl approached me and said "Wasn't that the worst Tool show you have ever seen?", I replied with "Were you watching the same show that I was because that was badass?!", Her reply was "Well, obviously you haven't seen many of their shows." When did Tool start drawing a bunch of "one-uppers"? I rent, she buys (a loft actually)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by paraflux; 06-05-2007 at 05:06 AM..
Old 06-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely fucking incredible show. Just got home in NC, 6 and a half hour drive. Was in section 114, and it seemed like there was about five of us really into the show. However, no one around me was disrespectful towards anyone near them or the band.
--"GET READY TO HAVE WET VAGINAS, GOVERNMENT APPROVED."--
Melt Banana is horrible, horrible, horrible. I think that they literally just made as much racket as they could for a solid 40 minutes or something. Unfortunately, I think I saw that they are also going to be in Greenville and Winston-Salem, which I will be attending both.
Tool Took the stage at like 9:10. Played till 11:00 on the dot or close to it. Saw them in DC back in September, and this time around was in my opinion tons better. Not that the DC show was bad, it was amazing. But it seemed that all the wrinkles from DC had been ironed out and this show was flawless, not to mention the visuals, stage set up, and LASERS were unbelievable this time around. The lasers did so much more in Jax than in Washington, DC.
Overall, I was very pleased with the venue. Loved Jacksonville, it was very simple to navigate to and from my hotel, which was a Ramada Limited off Lane Ave (off of I-10). Not much to offer in the way of bars close to the arena, but I would definitely visit again.
As far as Tool is concerned, thanks for another stellar performance. See you in Greenville Tuesday.

Ok so maybe when I originally posted last night, my wishing of a very tragic disease on some FEMALE that was bad mouthing the show was a little much. I do apologize. However, let me explain once again that I parked close to the Jags arena, and on my way back to the car this girl approached me and said "Wasn't that the worst Tool show you have ever seen?", I replied with "Were you watching the same show that I was because that was badass?!", Her reply was "Well, obviously you haven't seen many of their shows." When did Tool start drawing a bunch of "one-uppers"? I rent, she buys (a loft actually)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by paraflux; 06-05-2007 at 05:06 AM..
OFFLINE |