View Single Post
BaZierk
06-03-2007, 07:54 AM

First off, this is my first ever Tool show and it was the best show I've ever been to. One thing I do regret is coming here to read set lists of previous shows. It took some of the excitement away from the show, but once songs started I soon fell into place of the music.

Now from the top: Melt Banana was horrible. I've been reading reviews for the past few days about how they were cool and I did not see the appeal. They started with a loud sharp wall of sound that cranked for 2-3 min, which was absolutely annoying. Every single one of their songs transcended into stupid punk drumming with the female vocalist delivering sharp shrills on the beat. The guitarist did do some cool distortion work from time-to-time but would abruptly jump into the same punk beat we'd heard before. Lame.

Maynard was totally awesome. I had seen him play with APC before, but he stood on a platform in the middle of the stage and I could not really see him. I was able to get a cool view of him and he definitely did a lot of his dancing. It was awesome! You have to laugh at how ridiculous it is, but it still blows you away. As for the others Adam was wearing his braided hair Wednesday Adam's style, Justin was rockin' the Castaway look and Danny was reppin' Tim Duncan. Each one had their own stage presence, but I felt constantly drawn to Maynard's "mystical" dancing.

The biggest song for me was Wings/10,000 days. This was my favorite song on the new album and is fighting with Lateralus as being my favorite Tool song of all time. I closed my eyes and absorbed this piece and it was phenomenal. Not one second during the song did I not feel chills crawling up my body. God yes.

I do not want carry on about the other songs, but they were all incredible. I was hoping for Pushit, but Right in Two was great in it's own right and fit perfectly in place for Pushit. Other than that the laser lights were cool, but I did not get that big a thrill out of them. I'd rather focus my attention on the performers rather than the ambience of the stage.

One final note, I stood about 20ft. from the gate center stage and I had a great time. The people I was around were pretty cool and did not push around or anything. A random asshole came flying through every now and then, but for the most part I had a fair amount of room to be left to my own devices of enjoyment. Excellent Show
Old 06-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/02 - Jacksonville, FL - Veteran's Memorial Coliseum

First off, this is my first ever Tool show and it was the best show I've ever been to. One thing I do regret is coming here to read set lists of previous shows. It took some of the excitement away from the show, but once songs started I soon fell into place of the music.

Now from the top: Melt Banana was horrible. I've been reading reviews for the past few days about how they were cool and I did not see the appeal. They started with a loud sharp wall of sound that cranked for 2-3 min, which was absolutely annoying. Every single one of their songs transcended into stupid punk drumming with the female vocalist delivering sharp shrills on the beat. The guitarist did do some cool distortion work from time-to-time but would abruptly jump into the same punk beat we'd heard before. Lame.

Maynard was totally awesome. I had seen him play with APC before, but he stood on a platform in the middle of the stage and I could not really see him. I was able to get a cool view of him and he definitely did a lot of his dancing. It was awesome! You have to laugh at how ridiculous it is, but it still blows you away. As for the others Adam was wearing his braided hair Wednesday Adam's style, Justin was rockin' the Castaway look and Danny was reppin' Tim Duncan. Each one had their own stage presence, but I felt constantly drawn to Maynard's "mystical" dancing.

The biggest song for me was Wings/10,000 days. This was my favorite song on the new album and is fighting with Lateralus as being my favorite Tool song of all time. I closed my eyes and absorbed this piece and it was phenomenal. Not one second during the song did I not feel chills crawling up my body. God yes.

I do not want carry on about the other songs, but they were all incredible. I was hoping for Pushit, but Right in Two was great in it's own right and fit perfectly in place for Pushit. Other than that the laser lights were cool, but I did not get that big a thrill out of them. I'd rather focus my attention on the performers rather than the ambience of the stage.

One final note, I stood about 20ft. from the gate center stage and I had a great time. The people I was around were pretty cool and did not push around or anything. A random asshole came flying through every now and then, but for the most part I had a fair amount of room to be left to my own devices of enjoyment. Excellent Show
OFFLINE |