View Single Post
and no eggs's Avatar and no eggs
06-02-2007, 08:59 PM

Great Show, but a few things pissed me off.

As a preface, Tool was nearly flawless, and Maynard really seemed into it in the beginning. He was dancing around much more than the Birmingham show. As said before, Adam moved around a bunch too. He was still pretty reserved as always, but I caught a few head bobs which rarely happens. Oh, and Melt Banana was the loudest thing I've ever heard. It was really funny to hear the explosion of music and then hear the singer say "thank you" so quietly after the song. Also, the bass weighed more than the bass player, but she still rocked it. I don't want to sound like an old man, but they were at a 10, and I would have been happy at a 7.

On to the problems:

1) Moshers - Is this seriously your last brain cell working? "Oh I like this song, I'm not going to pay attention at all, and I'm going to beat someone up." Nice. Seriously, keep your Pantera shirts and stay at home. You're all retards. Moshing to Wings? Really? Do the world a favor, I doubt anyone would miss you.

2) Picture takers - I get it. The stage looks really cool and seeing Tool jamming is great. But before Wings, Maynard asked politely to not take flash pictures. Of course a thousand idiots take their cameras out and immediately take pitures. Do you not have ears? Or are you just a bunch of assholes?

3) People throwing shit (at all, but specifically at the stage) - What good could possibly happen? You're probably going to end up hitting somebody. Worst case scenario, you hit a band member and they stop playing. Great job.

4) Laser pointer guy - thankfully, an usher came and talked to you, but holy shit. How do you have friends, because you're clearly an awful human being.

As for the show, the drum solo in Lateralus was amazing, again. There was a cool little jam part where Justin's bass effect was in some rhythm and Danny started playing with that, but stopped pretty quickly.

Intension was only played for about a minute before Right in Two (which kicked ass).

Maynard kinda screwed up the lyrics on the very end of both Wings 1&2, but it still sounded fine. His dancing was flat out amazing tonight.

The worst part of any tool concert: There's so much to look at that I'm always missing something. Maynard's awesome dancing, Danny beating the shit out of his drums, Adam's technique, Justin's amazing playing (and headbanging), plus all the visuals and lasers.

The laser show was WAAAAAAAAAY cooler than Birmingham. During parts of Vicarious, the lasers completely engulfed the band like a forcefield. It was really cool.

Great show, and the crowd was pretty cool except for the aforementioned assholes. Hopefully Atlanta will be a little changeup.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/02 - Jacksonville, FL - Veteran's Memorial Coliseum

Great Show, but a few things pissed me off.

As a preface, Tool was nearly flawless, and Maynard really seemed into it in the beginning. He was dancing around much more than the Birmingham show. As said before, Adam moved around a bunch too. He was still pretty reserved as always, but I caught a few head bobs which rarely happens. Oh, and Melt Banana was the loudest thing I've ever heard. It was really funny to hear the explosion of music and then hear the singer say "thank you" so quietly after the song. Also, the bass weighed more than the bass player, but she still rocked it. I don't want to sound like an old man, but they were at a 10, and I would have been happy at a 7.

On to the problems:

1) Moshers - Is this seriously your last brain cell working? "Oh I like this song, I'm not going to pay attention at all, and I'm going to beat someone up." Nice. Seriously, keep your Pantera shirts and stay at home. You're all retards. Moshing to Wings? Really? Do the world a favor, I doubt anyone would miss you.

2) Picture takers - I get it. The stage looks really cool and seeing Tool jamming is great. But before Wings, Maynard asked politely to not take flash pictures. Of course a thousand idiots take their cameras out and immediately take pitures. Do you not have ears? Or are you just a bunch of assholes?

3) People throwing shit (at all, but specifically at the stage) - What good could possibly happen? You're probably going to end up hitting somebody. Worst case scenario, you hit a band member and they stop playing. Great job.

4) Laser pointer guy - thankfully, an usher came and talked to you, but holy shit. How do you have friends, because you're clearly an awful human being.

As for the show, the drum solo in Lateralus was amazing, again. There was a cool little jam part where Justin's bass effect was in some rhythm and Danny started playing with that, but stopped pretty quickly.

Intension was only played for about a minute before Right in Two (which kicked ass).

Maynard kinda screwed up the lyrics on the very end of both Wings 1&2, but it still sounded fine. His dancing was flat out amazing tonight.

The worst part of any tool concert: There's so much to look at that I'm always missing something. Maynard's awesome dancing, Danny beating the shit out of his drums, Adam's technique, Justin's amazing playing (and headbanging), plus all the visuals and lasers.

The laser show was WAAAAAAAAAY cooler than Birmingham. During parts of Vicarious, the lasers completely engulfed the band like a forcefield. It was really cool.

Great show, and the crowd was pretty cool except for the aforementioned assholes. Hopefully Atlanta will be a little changeup.
OFFLINE |