View Single Post
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
06-02-2007, 11:17 AM

The worse Tool show I have ever seen...

We went through hell and high water to get there. LITERALLY. I don't know if people realize this, but that was a tropical storm last night. And what did we get for going through hell to get there? One of the worse crowds ever, and a reclusive performance from the band.

I was at Orlando. Tonight, Maynard never said a word. He only said some shit about cameras in Orlando. I can't believe he didn't mention the weather. They don't give a shit about their fans anymore. That's obvious.

The venue was all attractive looking, but the staff were all gangstas and clueless. In fact, I have never seen more blacks and hispanics at a Tool show. It seemed like they were all about ruining the action of a rock concert. While they stood around grabbing their dicks, we were forced to wait in long lines for everything, including getting to our seats.

It was fucked up. I'm not exaggerating either. Worse crowd and venue staff ever.

The band did put on a pretty tight show. I gave Orlando 7 out of 10. I think Sunrise gets the same. If I factored in the crowd and venue, it would be like 5 out of 10. But the band can't control those factors.

Setlist Notes:

Jambi - It was better in Orlando. The played it with more intensity in Orlando. Not bad though.

Stinkfist - Just as good as Orlando. Crowd actually responded well to it.

46&2 - Better in Orlando, but they finsihed it strong after the drum solo.

Schism - Better at this show. They screwed up the extended part in Orlando.

Rosetta Stoned - About the same as Orlando. But some drunk Puerto Rican fool punched me in the shoulder for no reason whatsoever. I had my eyes close swaying to the drums, and all the sudden, WHACK! I'm punched in the shoulder. I turned to him and called him closer. And then told him never to do that again to me or anyone. It was like babysitting drunken kids or something. It was that kind of crowd. Also, keep in mind I was in the lower level seats. Ridiculous.

Right in Two - BEST SONG OF THE NIGHT!! They played this song so damn crisp. Maynard sung every single word solid, and they band played tight. It was totally awesome. It probably made the entire show worth it. And it was fitting for that jackass rabble of an audience.

Wings 1 & 2 - Much better in Orlando. The crowd didn't give a shit. The band didn't play it as tight. The lights and lasers looked the same as Orlando. The kids loved that part. Maynard left the stage as everyone has already noted.

Lateralus - I thought the sho was going to bottom out right here. In Orlando, the show tapered off. And with the way this show was going, it looked like it would plummit to a grusesome death. But during the drum solo, Danny found some good shit. It took awhile, he was lost for a bit. But after a while, he hammered it!! It was sick. It lifted spirits WAY UP. And the NAILED the ending of Lateralus. That was another hightlight. The second half of Lateralus at this show was better than the entire song in Orlando.

Vicarious - Because of the ending to Lateralus, Vicarious kicked ass musically, and Maynard sang more. It sounded better at this show. At the very end, Maynard bent backwards in half and stuck out a puppet hand to mouth the words at the end. It was kind of funny.

My wife and I bolted after that. We didn't stick around for the usual circle jerk. I don't want to sound too critical. This is just honesty. It was this bad.

I'm not going to even bother driving up to Jacksonville. Tool isn't giving anything at their shows to make it worthwhile to sacrifice a lot to see. I wouldn't recommend seeing Tool on this tour more than one night. It feels like they are fading out instead of going out with a bang. I would have much rather seen them announce that this was the last tour, then not know for sure and only give mere glimpses of what Tool has been for the past 15+ years.

Oh well... Thanks for all the great years and memories Tool! Maybe something else will be born after Tool sadly fades away. I truly hope so!
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL

Last edited by flipmojo; 06-02-2007 at 12:03 PM..
Old 06-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31
Re: 2007/06/01 - Sunrise, FL - Bank Atlantic Center

The worse Tool show I have ever seen...

We went through hell and high water to get there. LITERALLY. I don't know if people realize this, but that was a tropical storm last night. And what did we get for going through hell to get there? One of the worse crowds ever, and a reclusive performance from the band.

I was at Orlando. Tonight, Maynard never said a word. He only said some shit about cameras in Orlando. I can't believe he didn't mention the weather. They don't give a shit about their fans anymore. That's obvious.

The venue was all attractive looking, but the staff were all gangstas and clueless. In fact, I have never seen more blacks and hispanics at a Tool show. It seemed like they were all about ruining the action of a rock concert. While they stood around grabbing their dicks, we were forced to wait in long lines for everything, including getting to our seats.

It was fucked up. I'm not exaggerating either. Worse crowd and venue staff ever.

The band did put on a pretty tight show. I gave Orlando 7 out of 10. I think Sunrise gets the same. If I factored in the crowd and venue, it would be like 5 out of 10. But the band can't control those factors.

Setlist Notes:

Jambi - It was better in Orlando. The played it with more intensity in Orlando. Not bad though.

Stinkfist - Just as good as Orlando. Crowd actually responded well to it.

46&2 - Better in Orlando, but they finsihed it strong after the drum solo.

Schism - Better at this show. They screwed up the extended part in Orlando.

Rosetta Stoned - About the same as Orlando. But some drunk Puerto Rican fool punched me in the shoulder for no reason whatsoever. I had my eyes close swaying to the drums, and all the sudden, WHACK! I'm punched in the shoulder. I turned to him and called him closer. And then told him never to do that again to me or anyone. It was like babysitting drunken kids or something. It was that kind of crowd. Also, keep in mind I was in the lower level seats. Ridiculous.

Right in Two - BEST SONG OF THE NIGHT!! They played this song so damn crisp. Maynard sung every single word solid, and they band played tight. It was totally awesome. It probably made the entire show worth it. And it was fitting for that jackass rabble of an audience.

Wings 1 & 2 - Much better in Orlando. The crowd didn't give a shit. The band didn't play it as tight. The lights and lasers looked the same as Orlando. The kids loved that part. Maynard left the stage as everyone has already noted.

Lateralus - I thought the sho was going to bottom out right here. In Orlando, the show tapered off. And with the way this show was going, it looked like it would plummit to a grusesome death. But during the drum solo, Danny found some good shit. It took awhile, he was lost for a bit. But after a while, he hammered it!! It was sick. It lifted spirits WAY UP. And the NAILED the ending of Lateralus. That was another hightlight. The second half of Lateralus at this show was better than the entire song in Orlando.

Vicarious - Because of the ending to Lateralus, Vicarious kicked ass musically, and Maynard sang more. It sounded better at this show. At the very end, Maynard bent backwards in half and stuck out a puppet hand to mouth the words at the end. It was kind of funny.

My wife and I bolted after that. We didn't stick around for the usual circle jerk. I don't want to sound too critical. This is just honesty. It was this bad.

I'm not going to even bother driving up to Jacksonville. Tool isn't giving anything at their shows to make it worthwhile to sacrifice a lot to see. I wouldn't recommend seeing Tool on this tour more than one night. It feels like they are fading out instead of going out with a bang. I would have much rather seen them announce that this was the last tour, then not know for sure and only give mere glimpses of what Tool has been for the past 15+ years.

Oh well... Thanks for all the great years and memories Tool! Maybe something else will be born after Tool sadly fades away. I truly hope so!
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL

Last edited by flipmojo; 06-02-2007 at 12:03 PM..
OFFLINE |