View Single Post
JAMIMBI
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM

(set list listed above)

This was my very first TOOL concert and after years of waiting and anticipation it was worth every second of patience.

Seemed like there were a few technical problems but hey whos perfect? still a phenomenal show.

The opening band was quite the ear shocker, it'll take some extended listening to get the full effect. There guitarist extremely overpowered the rest of the band and no one knew could understand what the singer was saying, maybe that was the point. They sounded extremely experimental though...

TOOL lived up to their reputation of putting on a brilliant show, hands down the best concert i have ever been to in 21 years...

Surprising to most, MAYNARD didn't say much but "Good evening" and "Thank you very much" and he left in quite a hurry when they were done playing, while the rest of the band was throwing frisbees and receiving applause MAYNARD was gone.

His notion could be quite understandable considering the crowd. It seemed to be an energetic crowd but maybe tampa has been deprived of good music, intelligence and concert etiquete for far too long to know how to act when a band as respected and talented as TOOL comes to town. I counted at least 5 shirts and several other items that were thrown up on stage. What the fuck is with that?!?!?!?! One jack ass ran up on stage as they were exiting. It could have been worse but its no mystery why MAYNARD may have wanted to leave when he had the chance. Its okay to go nuts at a show but there is still room to respect the band. Hopefully these incidents dont leave a bad impression of tampa on the band and we'll be able to see another TOOL concert in the bay area again...

p.s. the bass, guitar and drum techs were dressed in lab coats like Albert Hoffman I suppose, I thought that was humorous...
Old 05-31-2007, 11:50 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/29 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome

(set list listed above)

This was my very first TOOL concert and after years of waiting and anticipation it was worth every second of patience.

Seemed like there were a few technical problems but hey whos perfect? still a phenomenal show.

The opening band was quite the ear shocker, it'll take some extended listening to get the full effect. There guitarist extremely overpowered the rest of the band and no one knew could understand what the singer was saying, maybe that was the point. They sounded extremely experimental though...

TOOL lived up to their reputation of putting on a brilliant show, hands down the best concert i have ever been to in 21 years...

Surprising to most, MAYNARD didn't say much but "Good evening" and "Thank you very much" and he left in quite a hurry when they were done playing, while the rest of the band was throwing frisbees and receiving applause MAYNARD was gone.

His notion could be quite understandable considering the crowd. It seemed to be an energetic crowd but maybe tampa has been deprived of good music, intelligence and concert etiquete for far too long to know how to act when a band as respected and talented as TOOL comes to town. I counted at least 5 shirts and several other items that were thrown up on stage. What the fuck is with that?!?!?!?! One jack ass ran up on stage as they were exiting. It could have been worse but its no mystery why MAYNARD may have wanted to leave when he had the chance. Its okay to go nuts at a show but there is still room to respect the band. Hopefully these incidents dont leave a bad impression of tampa on the band and we'll be able to see another TOOL concert in the bay area again...

p.s. the bass, guitar and drum techs were dressed in lab coats like Albert Hoffman I suppose, I thought that was humorous...
OFFLINE |