Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie Part I
10,000 Days Wings Part II
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

The venue was much smaller then I had anticipated, it was one of the more intimate Tool shows I've been to. Before the opening band started we were on the floor and these two beautiful girls started making out right in front of us. The opening band was called something like Melt Banana¿ They're from Japan, the guitarist was ok but the sound was horrible. When the arena went black and the crowd rattled the place w/ cheers as Tool walked out on stage. Maynard was actually dressed like himself in jeans, t-shirt and a Puscifer leather jacket. They opened w/ Jambi and it sounded better then ever. Followed by an extended version of Stinkfist I've never heard before which was incredible. There were some people that were pushing and shoving, but for the most part the majority of the crowd was dancing and moving to the music. After Stinkfist it was a ten minute breathtaking episode of Forty Six and Two. All of the songs not from Ten Thousand Days were extended as well as altered in some way. Somewhere in the middle of their set w/ what I think was Lipan Conjuring playing in the back ground¿ Danny came out from behind his drums w/ a bag of ice on his elbow, Adam and Justin put their guitars down and Maynard came back out from behind the speakers when the four of them sat on the stage. Justin lit a giant zippo lighter and held it up so the crowd follow suit and the place lit up w/ lighter and went crazy, for about five minutes the band just looked over the crowd w/ smiles on their faces. As they were getting up Danny threw the bag of ice into the crowd and this guy right in front of my caught it. At first he didn't want to open it but everyone was dieing of thirst including himself so it didn't take long for him to open it and start handing out ice to everyone around him. Who ever you were thank you we all needed that. I believe that the next song was Right in Two which they haven't played very much on this tour. It was phenomenal live, better then I could have ever expected as was Wings For Marie Parts I and II, those two songs were enchanting to say the least. Next was a mind blowing version of Lateralus w/ an extended beginning, middle and ending. They ended their set w/ Vicarious and that left the arena erupting w/ energy. They stayed on stage for a few more minutes throwing sticks, picks and drum skins into the crowd. The laser lights were mesmerizing and from what little I saw of them (I had my eyes closed a lot) the visuals on the screens were better then ever. They played for almost three hours and for those three hours I was in complete and total ecstasy, that was better then any chemical I've ever done. Best birthday ever.

Last edited by numbshadow; 05-31-2007 at 07:25 AM..
Old 05-31-2007, 07:16 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/29 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46&2 (Extended Intro)
The Pot
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie Part I
10,000 Days Wings Part II
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

The venue was much smaller then I had anticipated, it was one of the more intimate Tool shows I've been to. Before the opening band started we were on the floor and these two beautiful girls started making out right in front of us. The opening band was called something like Melt Banana¿ They're from Japan, the guitarist was ok but the sound was horrible. When the arena went black and the crowd rattled the place w/ cheers as Tool walked out on stage. Maynard was actually dressed like himself in jeans, t-shirt and a Puscifer leather jacket. They opened w/ Jambi and it sounded better then ever. Followed by an extended version of Stinkfist I've never heard before which was incredible. There were some people that were pushing and shoving, but for the most part the majority of the crowd was dancing and moving to the music. After Stinkfist it was a ten minute breathtaking episode of Forty Six and Two. All of the songs not from Ten Thousand Days were extended as well as altered in some way. Somewhere in the middle of their set w/ what I think was Lipan Conjuring playing in the back ground¿ Danny came out from behind his drums w/ a bag of ice on his elbow, Adam and Justin put their guitars down and Maynard came back out from behind the speakers when the four of them sat on the stage. Justin lit a giant zippo lighter and held it up so the crowd follow suit and the place lit up w/ lighter and went crazy, for about five minutes the band just looked over the crowd w/ smiles on their faces. As they were getting up Danny threw the bag of ice into the crowd and this guy right in front of my caught it. At first he didn't want to open it but everyone was dieing of thirst including himself so it didn't take long for him to open it and start handing out ice to everyone around him. Who ever you were thank you we all needed that. I believe that the next song was Right in Two which they haven't played very much on this tour. It was phenomenal live, better then I could have ever expected as was Wings For Marie Parts I and II, those two songs were enchanting to say the least. Next was a mind blowing version of Lateralus w/ an extended beginning, middle and ending. They ended their set w/ Vicarious and that left the arena erupting w/ energy. They stayed on stage for a few more minutes throwing sticks, picks and drum skins into the crowd. The laser lights were mesmerizing and from what little I saw of them (I had my eyes closed a lot) the visuals on the screens were better then ever. They played for almost three hours and for those three hours I was in complete and total ecstasy, that was better then any chemical I've ever done. Best birthday ever.

Last edited by numbshadow; 05-31-2007 at 07:25 AM..
OFFLINE |