View Single Post
czar's Avatar czar
05-30-2007, 09:10 PM

First off, let me get this off my chest: The opening band sucked.

The band came out around 9:05 and immediately went into Jambi. Flawless performance by all, and a great talk box part by Adam, despite it seeming to have a few issues technically.

The show continued on with flawless performances, tons of energy from the crowd, and an good light show. I only recall Maynard being turned around, showing his back, for about 5 mins. The rest of the time he was very animated and seemed to be very into it. (At the end he seemed to settle down though). Adam and Justin kept looking across at each other, keeping together. (Justin during Lost Keys was unbelievable).

After an hour, they stopped and sat on the stage. Justin lit a lighter and the rest of the arena lit up. What a sight.

As I said earlier, the energy from the crowd was awe-inspiring. Everyone knew every single word, sang it, stomped their feet to the beat, and jumped at each beat in unison (i.e.: Stinkfist "I'll ... keep...digging....."). This sent chills through my spine at many points. I'm sure this isn't anything new, but it really adds to the experience. I disagree with those that said the crowd didn't seem too enthusiastic, but I guess it depends on where you're seated.

Of course the Sundome is not the greatest place for acoustics, but given that, the sound was tolerable. A bit boomy at points, but the extra bass really let you feel it in your chest. Most of the time you couldn't hear Maynard clearly, but you could tell what he was singing if you actually know the songs.

Maynard didn't speak much. After Jambi he said "Hello Florida". The only thing he said after that was "Thank you" right after Lateralus.

After they finished Vicarious, the house lights went on and they took in all the cheers, and then someone jumped on stage and got tackled. Maynard immediately exited the stage and the rest stayed for a few mins. No encore, unfortunately. I think only Adam made a mistake two or three times but they were barely noticeable.

Generally, I give a great amount of kudos to the Tampa audience. Everyone was completely into it and just sat there and enjoyed the amazing show. Not to mention all the beautiful women on people's shoulders. ;)

Last edited by czar; 05-30-2007 at 09:23 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: 2007/05/29 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome

First off, let me get this off my chest: The opening band sucked.

The band came out around 9:05 and immediately went into Jambi. Flawless performance by all, and a great talk box part by Adam, despite it seeming to have a few issues technically.

The show continued on with flawless performances, tons of energy from the crowd, and an good light show. I only recall Maynard being turned around, showing his back, for about 5 mins. The rest of the time he was very animated and seemed to be very into it. (At the end he seemed to settle down though). Adam and Justin kept looking across at each other, keeping together. (Justin during Lost Keys was unbelievable).

After an hour, they stopped and sat on the stage. Justin lit a lighter and the rest of the arena lit up. What a sight.

As I said earlier, the energy from the crowd was awe-inspiring. Everyone knew every single word, sang it, stomped their feet to the beat, and jumped at each beat in unison (i.e.: Stinkfist "I'll ... keep...digging....."). This sent chills through my spine at many points. I'm sure this isn't anything new, but it really adds to the experience. I disagree with those that said the crowd didn't seem too enthusiastic, but I guess it depends on where you're seated.

Of course the Sundome is not the greatest place for acoustics, but given that, the sound was tolerable. A bit boomy at points, but the extra bass really let you feel it in your chest. Most of the time you couldn't hear Maynard clearly, but you could tell what he was singing if you actually know the songs.

Maynard didn't speak much. After Jambi he said "Hello Florida". The only thing he said after that was "Thank you" right after Lateralus.

After they finished Vicarious, the house lights went on and they took in all the cheers, and then someone jumped on stage and got tackled. Maynard immediately exited the stage and the rest stayed for a few mins. No encore, unfortunately. I think only Adam made a mistake two or three times but they were barely noticeable.

Generally, I give a great amount of kudos to the Tampa audience. Everyone was completely into it and just sat there and enjoyed the amazing show. Not to mention all the beautiful women on people's shoulders. ;)

Last edited by czar; 05-30-2007 at 09:23 PM..
OFFLINE |