View Single Post
morganic111
05-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Incredible. Not much else to be said. At least not like all the hip singer wanna-be's, belting every lyric to every song at the tip top of their lungs. Man, oh man, why can't everybody just listen. I was up in the center-top portion of the 300 section, which was difficult because we could barely hear the music. This was my 4th Tool show and my best friends' first. I don't know if he enjoyed it or not. Too busy trying to have some kind of love fest with every female he could strike up a conversation with. His loss. He was shrooming pretty heavily though. I thought they almost fell apart in Stinkfist when the breakdown started. Maynard sang the old part, or part of it, then stopped while everyone else continued. Twas strange. I enjoyed watching the lasers stretch for miles behind the venue, up into the treetops and on to who-knows-where. Wondered if there were homes up in those little hills behind the place. If people were living out there, they witnessed a pretty incredible thing. I mean, those beams are very powerful. Drove down from Nashville...so much for a Tennessee show that is THEIRS. Bonnaroo has their own stage set up and I am very curious to see how much of the original equipment will be used there. I mean, 3 shows in Iowa?? 5 shows in Florida alone. Why the scarce showings in other parts of the country?? Weirdest tour pattern I've seen in a while. Can't complain though. Did anyone notice that MJK DID sing the end portion of the La la la lieee, la liieee part at the end of Vicarious?? I know I heard it and he has not been singing that, if at all, to my knowledge. I think the extended jam during Lateralus showed promise with all the cats from Kinski, but it didn't really move until right before they finally left the stage. That's when you could actually hear what they were all playing. Before that, all that was discernable was the main bass riff and Danny hitting around...then Kinski finally started to play their asses off. Guess they took it for granted and got shy or something cause they started to wail at the end. Oh well, an awesome ending to Lateralus, though not nearly as exciting as when I heard/saw Danny just doing his drum solo by himself at some previous shows. Suppose this happened cause it was supposedly Kinski's last showing as opening band. They seemed reserved. All in all, a very solid show even though it was very difficult to hear at times where I was sitting/standing. Hardly any breeze in the place, so it was pretty stifling at times. Seemed like everybody lit up a number or five...I personally think the VWMC is in a crummy location. You can see every single lighted sign in Pelham from the upper confines of the Music Center. Kind of a distraction, all those lights. Every picture I took of the stage area has either a hotel sign or McDonalds sign looming in the distance. The folks down in the front 200's and all of the 1st tier had great seats cause I know they couldn't see all the "sights" like we could at the top. I bought my tickets from TM and got the worst possible seats imagineable. 3rd tier, upper corner. That was best available the day they went on sale. Of course, when I checked back in the weeks before the show, every other great seat imagineable was there for the purchase. Not 1st Tier, but definitely 2nd Tier...and they were in the center, too!! Couldn't find anything close when they first went on sale. Ticketmaster sucks. That is so true. Thank you Tool!! You rocked the fucking house. You guys always do it right. See you guys in Jacksonville, Bonnaroo, Cape Girardeau and Huntington, WV. I want to hear Eulogy. Anyone else??

Last edited by morganic111; 05-30-2007 at 03:25 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #39
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

Incredible. Not much else to be said. At least not like all the hip singer wanna-be's, belting every lyric to every song at the tip top of their lungs. Man, oh man, why can't everybody just listen. I was up in the center-top portion of the 300 section, which was difficult because we could barely hear the music. This was my 4th Tool show and my best friends' first. I don't know if he enjoyed it or not. Too busy trying to have some kind of love fest with every female he could strike up a conversation with. His loss. He was shrooming pretty heavily though. I thought they almost fell apart in Stinkfist when the breakdown started. Maynard sang the old part, or part of it, then stopped while everyone else continued. Twas strange. I enjoyed watching the lasers stretch for miles behind the venue, up into the treetops and on to who-knows-where. Wondered if there were homes up in those little hills behind the place. If people were living out there, they witnessed a pretty incredible thing. I mean, those beams are very powerful. Drove down from Nashville...so much for a Tennessee show that is THEIRS. Bonnaroo has their own stage set up and I am very curious to see how much of the original equipment will be used there. I mean, 3 shows in Iowa?? 5 shows in Florida alone. Why the scarce showings in other parts of the country?? Weirdest tour pattern I've seen in a while. Can't complain though. Did anyone notice that MJK DID sing the end portion of the La la la lieee, la liieee part at the end of Vicarious?? I know I heard it and he has not been singing that, if at all, to my knowledge. I think the extended jam during Lateralus showed promise with all the cats from Kinski, but it didn't really move until right before they finally left the stage. That's when you could actually hear what they were all playing. Before that, all that was discernable was the main bass riff and Danny hitting around...then Kinski finally started to play their asses off. Guess they took it for granted and got shy or something cause they started to wail at the end. Oh well, an awesome ending to Lateralus, though not nearly as exciting as when I heard/saw Danny just doing his drum solo by himself at some previous shows. Suppose this happened cause it was supposedly Kinski's last showing as opening band. They seemed reserved. All in all, a very solid show even though it was very difficult to hear at times where I was sitting/standing. Hardly any breeze in the place, so it was pretty stifling at times. Seemed like everybody lit up a number or five...I personally think the VWMC is in a crummy location. You can see every single lighted sign in Pelham from the upper confines of the Music Center. Kind of a distraction, all those lights. Every picture I took of the stage area has either a hotel sign or McDonalds sign looming in the distance. The folks down in the front 200's and all of the 1st tier had great seats cause I know they couldn't see all the "sights" like we could at the top. I bought my tickets from TM and got the worst possible seats imagineable. 3rd tier, upper corner. That was best available the day they went on sale. Of course, when I checked back in the weeks before the show, every other great seat imagineable was there for the purchase. Not 1st Tier, but definitely 2nd Tier...and they were in the center, too!! Couldn't find anything close when they first went on sale. Ticketmaster sucks. That is so true. Thank you Tool!! You rocked the fucking house. You guys always do it right. See you guys in Jacksonville, Bonnaroo, Cape Girardeau and Huntington, WV. I want to hear Eulogy. Anyone else??

Last edited by morganic111; 05-30-2007 at 03:25 PM..
OFFLINE |