View Single Post
kujobie
05-30-2007, 02:36 PM

Awesome show. This was my 5th time seeing Tool. Twice on the Lateralus tour, and three times on this tour (one year ago in Chicago on the warm-up tour, six months ago in Chicago on the first leg, and last night in Tampa) I must say that the show, overall, has improved, although I think the sound was better at both Chicago shows. Blame that on the Sundome. But we had awesome seats, sec P1, and I'm not saying the sound was bad. I thought it was very clear, but our location was good. It was almost too loud. I wondered, at times, if the roof was gonna lift off that place. This was, by far, the loudest of the hundreds of concerts I have been to. It was fucking loud. I may bring earplugs to the Orlando show. I know, I'm a pussy. The visuals were awesome. I've seen Floyd multiple times, Rush 7 or 8 times, etc. I think last night was the most impressive show I have seen in regards to the lasers and visuals. I will add that I was stone cold sober, which is a relatively new experience for me. Maybe I just remember it better. This wasn't by choice. The beer lines were a joke. I would've missed half the show to get a $7 draft beer, so I passed on that. Plus, I wanted to be in my seat and remain there for the whole show which is hard to do when you are drinking a lot. I made an audio recording of the show, which came out very good by the way. Funny how anal they were about cheesy cell phone pics that won't come out anyways, while I had a pretty sophisticated recording set up in my lap for the entire show. Anyways, it was a great show. I have my doubts about the future of this band and, that being the case, you should try to catch them when they come to your town. It is worth every penny.

Last edited by kujobie; 05-30-2007 at 02:38 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/29 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome

Awesome show. This was my 5th time seeing Tool. Twice on the Lateralus tour, and three times on this tour (one year ago in Chicago on the warm-up tour, six months ago in Chicago on the first leg, and last night in Tampa) I must say that the show, overall, has improved, although I think the sound was better at both Chicago shows. Blame that on the Sundome. But we had awesome seats, sec P1, and I'm not saying the sound was bad. I thought it was very clear, but our location was good. It was almost too loud. I wondered, at times, if the roof was gonna lift off that place. This was, by far, the loudest of the hundreds of concerts I have been to. It was fucking loud. I may bring earplugs to the Orlando show. I know, I'm a pussy. The visuals were awesome. I've seen Floyd multiple times, Rush 7 or 8 times, etc. I think last night was the most impressive show I have seen in regards to the lasers and visuals. I will add that I was stone cold sober, which is a relatively new experience for me. Maybe I just remember it better. This wasn't by choice. The beer lines were a joke. I would've missed half the show to get a $7 draft beer, so I passed on that. Plus, I wanted to be in my seat and remain there for the whole show which is hard to do when you are drinking a lot. I made an audio recording of the show, which came out very good by the way. Funny how anal they were about cheesy cell phone pics that won't come out anyways, while I had a pretty sophisticated recording set up in my lap for the entire show. Anyways, it was a great show. I have my doubts about the future of this band and, that being the case, you should try to catch them when they come to your town. It is worth every penny.

Last edited by kujobie; 05-30-2007 at 02:38 PM..
OFFLINE |