View Single Post
geauxtiger
05-30-2007, 08:37 AM

Melt Banana was the opening act. As stated from others, they were overly loud. Loved the bass player. Tiny chick with TONS of energy. The mic for the vocals was terrible, and was poor for TOOL as well.

Overall the concert was very good. As stated, I felt the vocals (the mic) were terrible. I could barely make out what Maynard was singing, and if you did not know the words, you would be lost. For those of you who thought that was a great laser light show, you have not seen many good laser shows. Drum solo was LONG (not mind-blowing) and lacked energy. I think that was what struck me the most. The band (and the crowd) did not have the energy that I expected. When the band did crank energy, they KICKED ASS, but I felt there were too many lulls in the flow of the concert. The most noticeable being the "on-stage" break when Danny iced his arm, at which they lost the crowd.

I hope the band gets re-juvinated before the Friday show in Orlando. I thought they looked tired. Very disappointed with Schizm, but Lateralus was AWESOME.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/29 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome

Melt Banana was the opening act. As stated from others, they were overly loud. Loved the bass player. Tiny chick with TONS of energy. The mic for the vocals was terrible, and was poor for TOOL as well.

Overall the concert was very good. As stated, I felt the vocals (the mic) were terrible. I could barely make out what Maynard was singing, and if you did not know the words, you would be lost. For those of you who thought that was a great laser light show, you have not seen many good laser shows. Drum solo was LONG (not mind-blowing) and lacked energy. I think that was what struck me the most. The band (and the crowd) did not have the energy that I expected. When the band did crank energy, they KICKED ASS, but I felt there were too many lulls in the flow of the concert. The most noticeable being the "on-stage" break when Danny iced his arm, at which they lost the crowd.

I hope the band gets re-juvinated before the Friday show in Orlando. I thought they looked tired. Very disappointed with Schizm, but Lateralus was AWESOME.
OFFLINE |