View Single Post
theanomoly3
05-30-2007, 07:42 AM

WOW!!! What a GREAT show last night!! Everyone seems to have the setlist correct so I'm not gonna repost.

First let me say that the opening band would have killed most elderly and small children with their ear piercing guitar mess ( I'm not going to call them riffs) , and babbling vocals. Dont get me wrong, I know Tool is known for having very interseting opening acts, but come on!! I didn't catch their name, partly due to them not speaking good english, but I think I heard the word "bannana"?

Tool opened with "Jambi" which is a cool tune but I didn't think it was a strong enough opener,....I would have preferred them opening with "SOBER" or straight into "stinkfist" which they played later. Biggest DISAPOINTMENTS!!!!.......NOTHING FROM UNDERTOW or OPIATE......I miss their old stuff....back in 03 the crowd went nuts when the played OPIATE as their closer........also NO ENCORE!!?!! I mean come on! come back out after you "fooled" everyone and play "Aenima" or really freak everyone out and play "Flood" or "jerk off".........didn't happen.

Danny really stole the show, half way during the set he he sat downand iced his arm, and their were whispers that he hurt it during "right in two".....but then gets back up and gives us a mind blowing 5min drum solo during "Lateralus". I could see where Adam had a couple issues with his gear, I saw the "guitar doctor" rush out a bunch of times to make adjustments....but he still kicked ass. Maynard started the show pretty energetic but grew kinda tired in the last songs, some idiot rushed the stage during their final huddle and Maynard booked it......DAnny and Justin just laughed while the guy was tackled. by security.....I guess Keenan took offense.

The "POT" was a pleasant surprise...but "Rosetta Stoned" was my favorite!! Which is odd because it wasnt my favorite song on the album.....but that's what I love most about Tool Shows....they make you re-discover their songs and appreciate the complexity that goes into it. So if I had my pick for the night....."Rosetta Stoned" ...was flawless, they played extentions to the song and I couldnt even begin to describe the expierence!! Excellent show, great memory........but one last thing, they need to cut BS with the camera phones, I klnow flashes can obstruct the effects , but security was acting like the cell phone gesatpo!!! NOT very cool....
Old 05-30-2007, 07:42 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/29 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome

WOW!!! What a GREAT show last night!! Everyone seems to have the setlist correct so I'm not gonna repost.

First let me say that the opening band would have killed most elderly and small children with their ear piercing guitar mess ( I'm not going to call them riffs) , and babbling vocals. Dont get me wrong, I know Tool is known for having very interseting opening acts, but come on!! I didn't catch their name, partly due to them not speaking good english, but I think I heard the word "bannana"?

Tool opened with "Jambi" which is a cool tune but I didn't think it was a strong enough opener,....I would have preferred them opening with "SOBER" or straight into "stinkfist" which they played later. Biggest DISAPOINTMENTS!!!!.......NOTHING FROM UNDERTOW or OPIATE......I miss their old stuff....back in 03 the crowd went nuts when the played OPIATE as their closer........also NO ENCORE!!?!! I mean come on! come back out after you "fooled" everyone and play "Aenima" or really freak everyone out and play "Flood" or "jerk off".........didn't happen.

Danny really stole the show, half way during the set he he sat downand iced his arm, and their were whispers that he hurt it during "right in two".....but then gets back up and gives us a mind blowing 5min drum solo during "Lateralus". I could see where Adam had a couple issues with his gear, I saw the "guitar doctor" rush out a bunch of times to make adjustments....but he still kicked ass. Maynard started the show pretty energetic but grew kinda tired in the last songs, some idiot rushed the stage during their final huddle and Maynard booked it......DAnny and Justin just laughed while the guy was tackled. by security.....I guess Keenan took offense.

The "POT" was a pleasant surprise...but "Rosetta Stoned" was my favorite!! Which is odd because it wasnt my favorite song on the album.....but that's what I love most about Tool Shows....they make you re-discover their songs and appreciate the complexity that goes into it. So if I had my pick for the night....."Rosetta Stoned" ...was flawless, they played extentions to the song and I couldnt even begin to describe the expierence!! Excellent show, great memory........but one last thing, they need to cut BS with the camera phones, I klnow flashes can obstruct the effects , but security was acting like the cell phone gesatpo!!! NOT very cool....
OFFLINE |