View Single Post
KW2M's Avatar KW2M
05-30-2007, 04:55 AM

Great show. Have not missed a Tool tour since 93 and Lollapalooza. And have waited 6? yrs since Lateralus. 1st ....opening group..LOUD!!! Chris you are lucky you didnt go your ears would have popped. The guitar player had some amazing sounds coming from his guitar.. Lots of effects reminded me of being stuck in Tom Morello's solo of "Bulls on Pararde". And they are heavily influenced by "smashing pumpkins" . Now that I've seen them I will be skipping them for Orlando. But if you have not,...sure check em out. Now to TOOL. Amazing set. Good set list, but not great. And I am with the rest of you guys so far. My favorite track off 10,000 is The Pot. So when I heard it I went nuts on the floor. Stinkfist was excellent. A couple more old songs would have made my night, but ok I get the whole promote new album. The only song I had a problem with was Rosetta Stoned, and MJK with the loud speaker. At first it was very hard to hear him, then it got a little better. They had a tough time with that song. And at times it seemed like they were muffling the speakers with too much bass and drums. About Danny, he didnt get warmed up till the end of "the Pot" and then he tore the place up. Light show...awesome. I liked it was a small stage, so that MJK couldnt hide like he tends to do. Great show. One more complaint they need to cool it with the cell phone BS. On the floor if you even turned on your phone and they saw the screen light they were all over you. They wasted so much time checking phones it became a joke. People were opening and closing their phones just to make this dude run around....And to guy the jumped on us on the floor, your lucky my buddy didnt kill you!!! Your lucky I was big enough to pull him off. You have no concern for the injury you could have done to us. Anyways see you guys in Orlando. Hope we get The Pot again. $38 shirts BTW.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:55 AM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/29 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome

Great show. Have not missed a Tool tour since 93 and Lollapalooza. And have waited 6? yrs since Lateralus. 1st ....opening group..LOUD!!! Chris you are lucky you didnt go your ears would have popped. The guitar player had some amazing sounds coming from his guitar.. Lots of effects reminded me of being stuck in Tom Morello's solo of "Bulls on Pararde". And they are heavily influenced by "smashing pumpkins" . Now that I've seen them I will be skipping them for Orlando. But if you have not,...sure check em out. Now to TOOL. Amazing set. Good set list, but not great. And I am with the rest of you guys so far. My favorite track off 10,000 is The Pot. So when I heard it I went nuts on the floor. Stinkfist was excellent. A couple more old songs would have made my night, but ok I get the whole promote new album. The only song I had a problem with was Rosetta Stoned, and MJK with the loud speaker. At first it was very hard to hear him, then it got a little better. They had a tough time with that song. And at times it seemed like they were muffling the speakers with too much bass and drums. About Danny, he didnt get warmed up till the end of "the Pot" and then he tore the place up. Light show...awesome. I liked it was a small stage, so that MJK couldnt hide like he tends to do. Great show. One more complaint they need to cool it with the cell phone BS. On the floor if you even turned on your phone and they saw the screen light they were all over you. They wasted so much time checking phones it became a joke. People were opening and closing their phones just to make this dude run around....And to guy the jumped on us on the floor, your lucky my buddy didnt kill you!!! Your lucky I was big enough to pull him off. You have no concern for the injury you could have done to us. Anyways see you guys in Orlando. Hope we get The Pot again. $38 shirts BTW.
OFFLINE |