View Single Post
TampaRichard
05-30-2007, 04:21 AM

I have seen over 100 concerts in my life and this was my first Tool concert. It was an excellent concert and of course the big surprise was "The Pot" and I love "Right in Two". I have tickets for Orlando tomorrow night so i am hoping to hear "Push It". My tickets were originally up in the the "nose bleed" section - L3, but was able to move all the way down to section M2 where the seats were killer.

Several comments about the show: as someone already said, Maynard only said a couple comments to the crowd and solely stayed to the right of Danny on his own little platform. He did not come out to the front of the stage at all! I think the rest of the band was very tight and put on a great show. THe live show sounds as good as the CD except for the lyrics in Rosetta Stoned. YOu could not hear the words very well but Maynard was cranking them out even faster than the CD.

Although the place was sold out, it did not seem like the crowd was into the show that much. There were a few songs the crowd got into it, especially Jambi to start off the show. HOwever, I expected to crowd to be more into the show and rock out more. Two of the songs that absolutely jammed were Right in Two and Rosetta Stoned, yet the crowd was just chilling out and it was like they were waiting for another more popular song to be played. By the way, what's the deal with people walking around drinking beer and talking to their friends during the show???

I know a lot of people thought the visuals and Danny's solo was killer, but I disagree. The visuals were just OK! Let me be clear that I think Danny is an excellent drummer. His drumming on the albums and live are fantastic, but the solo didn't impress me as much as it did other people. I have seen Metallica, Rush, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Judas Priest, and GodSmack - now those drummers put on a killer solo. Maybe I am a little more critical considering how many shows I have seen. Bottom line is that I rank Tool and this show up there as one of my favorites!

In terms of the opening act - I did not catch their name but I know they were from Tokyo. You could not understand the singer at all. The guitarist was actually a pretty talented kid!

Overall, I think the concert was excellent and I can't wait to see them in Orlando!
Old 05-30-2007, 04:21 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/29 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome

I have seen over 100 concerts in my life and this was my first Tool concert. It was an excellent concert and of course the big surprise was "The Pot" and I love "Right in Two". I have tickets for Orlando tomorrow night so i am hoping to hear "Push It". My tickets were originally up in the the "nose bleed" section - L3, but was able to move all the way down to section M2 where the seats were killer.

Several comments about the show: as someone already said, Maynard only said a couple comments to the crowd and solely stayed to the right of Danny on his own little platform. He did not come out to the front of the stage at all! I think the rest of the band was very tight and put on a great show. THe live show sounds as good as the CD except for the lyrics in Rosetta Stoned. YOu could not hear the words very well but Maynard was cranking them out even faster than the CD.

Although the place was sold out, it did not seem like the crowd was into the show that much. There were a few songs the crowd got into it, especially Jambi to start off the show. HOwever, I expected to crowd to be more into the show and rock out more. Two of the songs that absolutely jammed were Right in Two and Rosetta Stoned, yet the crowd was just chilling out and it was like they were waiting for another more popular song to be played. By the way, what's the deal with people walking around drinking beer and talking to their friends during the show???

I know a lot of people thought the visuals and Danny's solo was killer, but I disagree. The visuals were just OK! Let me be clear that I think Danny is an excellent drummer. His drumming on the albums and live are fantastic, but the solo didn't impress me as much as it did other people. I have seen Metallica, Rush, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Judas Priest, and GodSmack - now those drummers put on a killer solo. Maybe I am a little more critical considering how many shows I have seen. Bottom line is that I rank Tool and this show up there as one of my favorites!

In terms of the opening act - I did not catch their name but I know they were from Tokyo. You could not understand the singer at all. The guitarist was actually a pretty talented kid!

Overall, I think the concert was excellent and I can't wait to see them in Orlando!
OFFLINE |