View Single Post
intoaneye's Avatar intoaneye
05-27-2007, 01:06 PM

So we get to Birmingham and we met up with our friends at Hooters and to my suprise right behind it was VWMC and we could hear Tool practicing. I so badly wanted to go check what was going on at the time I didnt know it was them practicing. Anyways we we was hungry so we ate. But on to the show.

We get in the line and they do the regular pat-down and search. The lady searching me was a bit frisky and grabbed my ass, one uneeded time, but atleast it was a woman. I was seating in section 203. Damn good seats right there towards the center of the stage. I told my friend that I always seemed to screwed at concerts with people in front of me. It was all during kinski no one was sitting in front of me. A few rows down there was a drunk passed out and propped up in the seats the whole time for the kinski opener It was pretty funny. He finally woke up for the Tool show atleast. Then Tool came out and and the seats packed in. And yes I got screwed with a tall and skinny Luigi looking motherfucker in a red shirt that said, "say no to drugs" who thought he was some badass dancing like Maynard. His girlfriend said something to the likes you always talk about Maynard. But anyways I get to him later on. On to the show.

Jambi was a great opening song. The fast pace really got people into the show. This being my first Tool show I was in thrills knowing that this is an awesome experience. And Jambi is probably my favorite (as of now) on 10,000 days. They did a superb job.

Stinkfist extended version what can I say, it was fukin awesome. Forty-Six and two was my friends favorite song so he was stoked. Yet another great song just to be suprised by and take in.

Schism extended version I have to say was my favorite of the night. It seemed to really unify the band and it was very loud (in a good way). I got a hole new feel to this song and the extended version really fit the mood. After the song was over the crowd was roaring. Just awesome sight and feel.

Rosetta Stoned live was a nice treat. Its definately a cilmatic piece. It really gives off a different atmosphere. Being one of their longest songs it really did it's job as it didn't seem to fly by for me. Like im saying it's climatic, like a movie, and you just start feeling the suspence and damn it was a good one. And of course the ending always seems so old school. Love the sounscapes of this song.

Holy fuck they did pushit. I said I wanted to see this live and I did. A pleasent suprise indeed. The sad thing is, as of right now I really can't remember much of this song at this point. I know it was great. Maybe I'm still in shock I dunno.

So the lighters are out and a few cell phones. It's time for Wings for Marie. And in comes dueche bag Luigi. Well the drunk guy I spoke of decided to stand on the seats to watch. And a few minutes later anti drug Luigi who was probably over 6 foot decides to stand on the seats. I was fucking pissed and lost my concentration to the whole mood of what was going on. I was cursing and all that shit. I was looking around and these two idiots and their friends were the only one standing on their seats. My friend just made room for me to move over but I could still still see him in the corner of my eye.

Wings Pt 2 starts and he actually got off the seats which was good and his girlfriend took his place but she didnt bother me, because she didnt do the stupid maynard wannabe dancing. So back to the song. It was great but is it me or was Adams guitar not loud enough through the first half of the song. It didnt matter to me much though that doesnt make the song for me. The song kicked otherwise.

Lateralus was right up there with Schism for best of the night. At that point I was wishing Tool would play all night. This was kinski's last night with Tool and they came out to play with them before the last half of the song. It was great of Tool to do this. I wasnt a big fan of kinski but I loved the drum mix with the band. Then ofcourse the greatest ending of all Tool songs is Lateralus and it was amazing.

And last was Vicarious the song that everyone sings to. It was good it kinda took me out back to the "real world" and all that BS. Tool was great indeed. I really wished they would of done Parabol/Parabola for the closer. It woulda been nice after a song like vicarious can give bad vibes. It's the whole face value thing of the song though. But all in all I was most pleased with a few interuptions. Not Tools fault at all and great playing guys!
Old 05-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #27
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 50
Re: 2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

So we get to Birmingham and we met up with our friends at Hooters and to my suprise right behind it was VWMC and we could hear Tool practicing. I so badly wanted to go check what was going on at the time I didnt know it was them practicing. Anyways we we was hungry so we ate. But on to the show.

We get in the line and they do the regular pat-down and search. The lady searching me was a bit frisky and grabbed my ass, one uneeded time, but atleast it was a woman. I was seating in section 203. Damn good seats right there towards the center of the stage. I told my friend that I always seemed to screwed at concerts with people in front of me. It was all during kinski no one was sitting in front of me. A few rows down there was a drunk passed out and propped up in the seats the whole time for the kinski opener It was pretty funny. He finally woke up for the Tool show atleast. Then Tool came out and and the seats packed in. And yes I got screwed with a tall and skinny Luigi looking motherfucker in a red shirt that said, "say no to drugs" who thought he was some badass dancing like Maynard. His girlfriend said something to the likes you always talk about Maynard. But anyways I get to him later on. On to the show.

Jambi was a great opening song. The fast pace really got people into the show. This being my first Tool show I was in thrills knowing that this is an awesome experience. And Jambi is probably my favorite (as of now) on 10,000 days. They did a superb job.

Stinkfist extended version what can I say, it was fukin awesome. Forty-Six and two was my friends favorite song so he was stoked. Yet another great song just to be suprised by and take in.

Schism extended version I have to say was my favorite of the night. It seemed to really unify the band and it was very loud (in a good way). I got a hole new feel to this song and the extended version really fit the mood. After the song was over the crowd was roaring. Just awesome sight and feel.

Rosetta Stoned live was a nice treat. Its definately a cilmatic piece. It really gives off a different atmosphere. Being one of their longest songs it really did it's job as it didn't seem to fly by for me. Like im saying it's climatic, like a movie, and you just start feeling the suspence and damn it was a good one. And of course the ending always seems so old school. Love the sounscapes of this song.

Holy fuck they did pushit. I said I wanted to see this live and I did. A pleasent suprise indeed. The sad thing is, as of right now I really can't remember much of this song at this point. I know it was great. Maybe I'm still in shock I dunno.

So the lighters are out and a few cell phones. It's time for Wings for Marie. And in comes dueche bag Luigi. Well the drunk guy I spoke of decided to stand on the seats to watch. And a few minutes later anti drug Luigi who was probably over 6 foot decides to stand on the seats. I was fucking pissed and lost my concentration to the whole mood of what was going on. I was cursing and all that shit. I was looking around and these two idiots and their friends were the only one standing on their seats. My friend just made room for me to move over but I could still still see him in the corner of my eye.

Wings Pt 2 starts and he actually got off the seats which was good and his girlfriend took his place but she didnt bother me, because she didnt do the stupid maynard wannabe dancing. So back to the song. It was great but is it me or was Adams guitar not loud enough through the first half of the song. It didnt matter to me much though that doesnt make the song for me. The song kicked otherwise.

Lateralus was right up there with Schism for best of the night. At that point I was wishing Tool would play all night. This was kinski's last night with Tool and they came out to play with them before the last half of the song. It was great of Tool to do this. I wasnt a big fan of kinski but I loved the drum mix with the band. Then ofcourse the greatest ending of all Tool songs is Lateralus and it was amazing.

And last was Vicarious the song that everyone sings to. It was good it kinda took me out back to the "real world" and all that BS. Tool was great indeed. I really wished they would of done Parabol/Parabola for the closer. It woulda been nice after a song like vicarious can give bad vibes. It's the whole face value thing of the song though. But all in all I was most pleased with a few interuptions. Not Tools fault at all and great playing guys!