View Single Post
HeartOfTheWolf
05-27-2007, 10:13 AM

I have to say ALOT about this concert.

Jambi was very good. I was hoping that they would play that song before the concert started. I was very glad they did! I knew from then on that the show would be an event that I would never forget!

Stinkfist was very strong, uplifting, and agressive. I loved hearing this song live for it brought a stronger feeling to my personal situations. I screamed the whole song from the top of my lungs! Maynard tricked the crowd by shortly extending the middle part. "I'll keep digging". This song sent chills and energy all in my body. I love this song. I was sure satisfied. ;-) -The music video was played for the visual video-

Forty-Six and Two was a big suprise to me. The visual video was amazing. I had no idea that they would play this song. This is one of my favorite songs from tool and I was appauld to hear this live.

Schism was a very nice performance even though it's not my favorite, it still kicked major ass!

Lost Keys + Rosetta Stoned was pretty intense. The whole time during Lost Keys I had my eyes closed taking in all of the pleasure of the sound which was very amazing and euphoric. When Rosetta Stoned then played it rose me to a more intense level.

Then... suddenly... Pushit unexpectedly shows up! I was VERY excited and suprised to hear this song. I was actually hoping for the song to show up on the list. My favorite part of this song was the part where we all sang "But i'd trade it aaaall.. for just a little... piece of miiiind!!!" Fuck man.

After Pushit there was a short intervention. I believe they were preparing for the next song, which was Wings for Marie 1 and 2. There were 3 top ufo looking objects about tool on stage desending and turning towards the crowd. The middle object had the flower of life shown, which looked really nice. Soon everyone had their lighters flickered including me and Justin from the band. lol. Soon enough they played the song. Starting off with the bell. I went berserks on the inside, my legs shaking and chills forming again on my arms. I closed my eyes as Maynard sang the beginning of wings. The breeze and lazers that shot up to the sky, along with the fog that you could see going through the lazers all aligned making it seem like there were actual CLOUDS was perfect. It was so uplifting, I felt like crying.

Soon enough a blanket of lasers covered the sky, causing an energetic light grid which was wicked. I kept looking up to the sky amazed by what Tool had created. As wings part 2 finally broke out at the peak the lazers went crazy, shooting all over the sky and between us all. The visuals of clouds in the background added to the amazing performance also.

Soon again, unexpectedly Lateralus came on. At this point I knew that this was probably one of the best days of my life. This materpiece is my favorite out of all of the tool songs. I enjoyed the extremely stretched out version of Lateralus. Kinksy re-entered the stage and played from the break down point (before maynard says I embrace my desirrrrre tooooo). Soon Tool continued the song after Kinksy left. The last 2 minutes of Lateralus was ORGASMIC, including Danny's drum part at the very end. Woo! I believe his drum solo at the end was shortly extended also.

Maynard then thanked everyone and talked for a bit. Maynard has an interesting personality. Lol.

Lastly Vicarious played after I thought that the concert was over. I was shocked and finally in full content of the concert. The video visual was pretty nice also, showing a fuzzy tv screen, and a zombies head with a knife cutting into it's forehead and revealing it's third eye. When the song finally rocked out at the beginning it was very intense. Everyone sang with Maynard. At the very end after "We all feed on tragedy. It's like blood to a vampire" Maynard then turned the microphone towards the crowd for us to sing the last part "Vicariously, I Live while the whole world dies. Much better you than I!!!" Oh man... the ending was a perfect closure.

I have SO much more to say, but i'll try to keep it short. =P

This concert was the first full concert I've ever been to. I have to say it is and probably will be the best concert I will EVER experience.

Tool brought me on a new level of euphoria and gave me chill bumps throughout the whole concert. The crowd was pretty cool too. I was suprised at the reaction and capacity of the crowd.

All of the songs were 10 times better live. Everything was perfect in my eyes. =)

Thank you SO much Tool for showing me that in life you can experience so many great feelings, and that you just have to dig for them!

Mind Blowing...

Last edited by HeartOfTheWolf; 05-27-2007 at 11:51 AM..
Old 05-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

I have to say ALOT about this concert.

Jambi was very good. I was hoping that they would play that song before the concert started. I was very glad they did! I knew from then on that the show would be an event that I would never forget!

Stinkfist was very strong, uplifting, and agressive. I loved hearing this song live for it brought a stronger feeling to my personal situations. I screamed the whole song from the top of my lungs! Maynard tricked the crowd by shortly extending the middle part. "I'll keep digging". This song sent chills and energy all in my body. I love this song. I was sure satisfied. ;-) -The music video was played for the visual video-

Forty-Six and Two was a big suprise to me. The visual video was amazing. I had no idea that they would play this song. This is one of my favorite songs from tool and I was appauld to hear this live.

Schism was a very nice performance even though it's not my favorite, it still kicked major ass!

Lost Keys + Rosetta Stoned was pretty intense. The whole time during Lost Keys I had my eyes closed taking in all of the pleasure of the sound which was very amazing and euphoric. When Rosetta Stoned then played it rose me to a more intense level.

Then... suddenly... Pushit unexpectedly shows up! I was VERY excited and suprised to hear this song. I was actually hoping for the song to show up on the list. My favorite part of this song was the part where we all sang "But i'd trade it aaaall.. for just a little... piece of miiiind!!!" Fuck man.

After Pushit there was a short intervention. I believe they were preparing for the next song, which was Wings for Marie 1 and 2. There were 3 top ufo looking objects about tool on stage desending and turning towards the crowd. The middle object had the flower of life shown, which looked really nice. Soon everyone had their lighters flickered including me and Justin from the band. lol. Soon enough they played the song. Starting off with the bell. I went berserks on the inside, my legs shaking and chills forming again on my arms. I closed my eyes as Maynard sang the beginning of wings. The breeze and lazers that shot up to the sky, along with the fog that you could see going through the lazers all aligned making it seem like there were actual CLOUDS was perfect. It was so uplifting, I felt like crying.

Soon enough a blanket of lasers covered the sky, causing an energetic light grid which was wicked. I kept looking up to the sky amazed by what Tool had created. As wings part 2 finally broke out at the peak the lazers went crazy, shooting all over the sky and between us all. The visuals of clouds in the background added to the amazing performance also.

Soon again, unexpectedly Lateralus came on. At this point I knew that this was probably one of the best days of my life. This materpiece is my favorite out of all of the tool songs. I enjoyed the extremely stretched out version of Lateralus. Kinksy re-entered the stage and played from the break down point (before maynard says I embrace my desirrrrre tooooo). Soon Tool continued the song after Kinksy left. The last 2 minutes of Lateralus was ORGASMIC, including Danny's drum part at the very end. Woo! I believe his drum solo at the end was shortly extended also.

Maynard then thanked everyone and talked for a bit. Maynard has an interesting personality. Lol.

Lastly Vicarious played after I thought that the concert was over. I was shocked and finally in full content of the concert. The video visual was pretty nice also, showing a fuzzy tv screen, and a zombies head with a knife cutting into it's forehead and revealing it's third eye. When the song finally rocked out at the beginning it was very intense. Everyone sang with Maynard. At the very end after "We all feed on tragedy. It's like blood to a vampire" Maynard then turned the microphone towards the crowd for us to sing the last part "Vicariously, I Live while the whole world dies. Much better you than I!!!" Oh man... the ending was a perfect closure.

I have SO much more to say, but i'll try to keep it short. =P

This concert was the first full concert I've ever been to. I have to say it is and probably will be the best concert I will EVER experience.

Tool brought me on a new level of euphoria and gave me chill bumps throughout the whole concert. The crowd was pretty cool too. I was suprised at the reaction and capacity of the crowd.

All of the songs were 10 times better live. Everything was perfect in my eyes. =)

Thank you SO much Tool for showing me that in life you can experience so many great feelings, and that you just have to dig for them!

Mind Blowing...

Last edited by HeartOfTheWolf; 05-27-2007 at 11:51 AM..
OFFLINE |