View Single Post
rhinohumper
05-22-2007, 01:08 PM

Fourth Tool show, and easily the worst.

I bought my tickets after the first cancellation. They were located BEHIND the stage, in section 219. I liked the idea of having a birds eye view of the band, and being up close wasn't a necessity (after being row F at their SMU performance). Really, I felt lucky to get tickets to what I assumed to be a sold-out show. I was wrong. The only view we had of the projector/laser show was from behind. No visual show for us. What was far worse was that the sound was horrendous. Couldn't understand a thing when Maynard spoke, couldn't understand any vocals, and everything sounded a beat or two off of everything else. It was all so muddy. I was delighted not to hear any new songs, as hearing them first that way would have ruinned them for me.

It may have been the AT&T Center's idea to sell these tickets, but Tool shouldn't have gone along with it. My experience was awful. I can't believe anyone sitting around me would disagree.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Fourth Tool show, and easily the worst.

I bought my tickets after the first cancellation. They were located BEHIND the stage, in section 219. I liked the idea of having a birds eye view of the band, and being up close wasn't a necessity (after being row F at their SMU performance). Really, I felt lucky to get tickets to what I assumed to be a sold-out show. I was wrong. The only view we had of the projector/laser show was from behind. No visual show for us. What was far worse was that the sound was horrendous. Couldn't understand a thing when Maynard spoke, couldn't understand any vocals, and everything sounded a beat or two off of everything else. It was all so muddy. I was delighted not to hear any new songs, as hearing them first that way would have ruinned them for me.

It may have been the AT&T Center's idea to sell these tickets, but Tool shouldn't have gone along with it. My experience was awful. I can't believe anyone sitting around me would disagree.
OFFLINE |