View Single Post
semi-sentient's Avatar semi-sentient
05-22-2007, 11:10 AM

Not much too add that hasn't already been said. I enjoyed the show very much (lost my voice afterwards), but I left wanting much more. This tour does not even come close to the Lateralus tour, IMO, but it's still head and shoulders above other shows I've seen, so it's hard to really complain.

WRT to the extended Schism/Lateralus parts, I would have preferred they left the original songs in tact and just added the following to the setlist:
- Parabol/Parabola
- Third Eye or Pushit
- Vicarious

Had they done that, this show would have been damn near perfect. Hopefully we'll get a better setlist next time around--if there is a next time around. That being said, the extended Lateralus still blew my mind and was somewhat of a treat, IMO.

P.S. Danny kicked major ass, particularly while performing Rosetta Stoned and the extended part of Lateralus. I had perfect seating to watch his every move, and the man is simply amazing.

Last edited by semi-sentient; 05-22-2007 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: Grammar and shit.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #32
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Not much too add that hasn't already been said. I enjoyed the show very much (lost my voice afterwards), but I left wanting much more. This tour does not even come close to the Lateralus tour, IMO, but it's still head and shoulders above other shows I've seen, so it's hard to really complain.

WRT to the extended Schism/Lateralus parts, I would have preferred they left the original songs in tact and just added the following to the setlist:
- Parabol/Parabola
- Third Eye or Pushit
- Vicarious

Had they done that, this show would have been damn near perfect. Hopefully we'll get a better setlist next time around--if there is a next time around. That being said, the extended Lateralus still blew my mind and was somewhat of a treat, IMO.

P.S. Danny kicked major ass, particularly while performing Rosetta Stoned and the extended part of Lateralus. I had perfect seating to watch his every move, and the man is simply amazing.

Last edited by semi-sentient; 05-22-2007 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: Grammar and shit.
OFFLINE |