View Single Post
Smalkmus
05-20-2007, 09:05 AM

This was only my second show.

The show was not great. The sound was really terrible. It sounded muddy and quiet. I could hear people talking all around me while the band was playing during the loudest parts of songs. The other time I saw Tool, the band was so loud you could hear nothing but the music, yet the sound was so crisp you could hear every lyric and note clearly.

The visuals were also pretty weak because of the venue, the lasers were all jacked up by the rafters and the stage didn't show the effects very well either

Overall, I'd say it was 80% of the blame goes to the venue contributing to the bad sound. About 10% of the blame goes to the fans who didn't seem as into it as the other show I saw. The other 10% of the blame goes to the band because they didn't really seem into it. There were several times when the timing was off and maynard seemed like he'd rather be taking a nap than singing.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

This was only my second show.

The show was not great. The sound was really terrible. It sounded muddy and quiet. I could hear people talking all around me while the band was playing during the loudest parts of songs. The other time I saw Tool, the band was so loud you could hear nothing but the music, yet the sound was so crisp you could hear every lyric and note clearly.

The visuals were also pretty weak because of the venue, the lasers were all jacked up by the rafters and the stage didn't show the effects very well either

Overall, I'd say it was 80% of the blame goes to the venue contributing to the bad sound. About 10% of the blame goes to the fans who didn't seem as into it as the other show I saw. The other 10% of the blame goes to the band because they didn't really seem into it. There were several times when the timing was off and maynard seemed like he'd rather be taking a nap than singing.
OFFLINE |