View Single Post
mommyluvsmusic
05-18-2007, 12:43 PM

This was my second show this tour and I feel so blessed in the fact that both of them were unfucking believable performances! The sound quality from my section (106) was pretty clear. (much better than what I got during the Dallas show from the uppers) The Dallas crowd seemed louder than the ones at this concert, but that probably had to do with the fact that AAC seats twice as many people as DC Civic Center does. "Right in Two" was bad ass live... So glad they played it, and although Maynard didn't say as much as he did in Dallas, he really seemed to be "feeling" the music. He was really into his "Maynard dance" and you could just tell that the whole band was "on" Tuesday night. Loved the extra few minutes added into "Lateralus". Danny Carey is a fucking God! He beats the hell out of those drums! Did anyone else notice that Justin played a good part of Lateralus while sitting on his knees turned to Danny? It was as if they were just feeding off of each other? Hearing it live is always a spiritual experience but Tuesday nights performance was exceptional! Still don't like Jambi as the opener... Stinkfist fits so much better. Btw, the scream in Stinkfist was unfucking believable! The visuals for Rosetta were different than in Dallas and Maynard definitely messed up when he came in too early on the hey, hey, hey part. He covered nicely. All and all it was well worth my 4 hour trip from Arkansas even though we were all dog ass tired on the way home that night. The one bad thing about this concert was the crazy ass security.... I literally got "felt up" from this female security guard before walking in the door. The poor old lady in front of me got it even worse. She made the mistake of bringing in a purse. She spent 10 minutes pulling out everything that was in it. They made her throw away a fingernail file... I guess because it could be used as a weapon??? I also wanted to say a big thank you to the guy sitting right next to me (in roll D) for telling the drunk motherfucker behind us to STFU during 10,000 Days/WFM. It was also extremely cool that he made sure to angle himself in a way that made it easy for me to see the band completely. He was at least a foot taller than me and could have easily obstructed my view, but he didn't. For that dude... you rock! All and all it was another excellent Tool experience. Now if I could just get these guys to add that Little Rock date back into the schedule... I surely don't want to wait another 3-5 years before seeing them in concert again!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

This was my second show this tour and I feel so blessed in the fact that both of them were unfucking believable performances! The sound quality from my section (106) was pretty clear. (much better than what I got during the Dallas show from the uppers) The Dallas crowd seemed louder than the ones at this concert, but that probably had to do with the fact that AAC seats twice as many people as DC Civic Center does. "Right in Two" was bad ass live... So glad they played it, and although Maynard didn't say as much as he did in Dallas, he really seemed to be "feeling" the music. He was really into his "Maynard dance" and you could just tell that the whole band was "on" Tuesday night. Loved the extra few minutes added into "Lateralus". Danny Carey is a fucking God! He beats the hell out of those drums! Did anyone else notice that Justin played a good part of Lateralus while sitting on his knees turned to Danny? It was as if they were just feeding off of each other? Hearing it live is always a spiritual experience but Tuesday nights performance was exceptional! Still don't like Jambi as the opener... Stinkfist fits so much better. Btw, the scream in Stinkfist was unfucking believable! The visuals for Rosetta were different than in Dallas and Maynard definitely messed up when he came in too early on the hey, hey, hey part. He covered nicely. All and all it was well worth my 4 hour trip from Arkansas even though we were all dog ass tired on the way home that night. The one bad thing about this concert was the crazy ass security.... I literally got "felt up" from this female security guard before walking in the door. The poor old lady in front of me got it even worse. She made the mistake of bringing in a purse. She spent 10 minutes pulling out everything that was in it. They made her throw away a fingernail file... I guess because it could be used as a weapon??? I also wanted to say a big thank you to the guy sitting right next to me (in roll D) for telling the drunk motherfucker behind us to STFU during 10,000 Days/WFM. It was also extremely cool that he made sure to angle himself in a way that made it easy for me to see the band completely. He was at least a foot taller than me and could have easily obstructed my view, but he didn't. For that dude... you rock! All and all it was another excellent Tool experience. Now if I could just get these guys to add that Little Rock date back into the schedule... I surely don't want to wait another 3-5 years before seeing them in concert again!
OFFLINE |