View Single Post
rpg
05-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Lucky number 13, will also be in okc, san antonio and corpus, making 16 tool shows . I've seen them in tiny theatres and huge arenas and everything in between. I've been fortunate enough to see them play songs they almost never play, i've seen no quarter, i've seen jerk off, seen jimmy, seen crawl away, seen the opiate flood combo, seen cold and ugly, seen them open with third eye, seen them bring out layne staley to sing, see tricky sing , seen buzz from the melvins come out and play guitar, even got setlist off the stage at show (brady theatre in tulsa). Maybe i'm just old and so things are different for me, but I think some fans are completely overlooking some things, the entire night is an experience , a few missed notes (yes i notice them too) , timing alittle bit off, too many lazers or not enough , this song or that one, not everyone is going to be happy , but..... if the overall experience is good, then shut the fuck up and quit crying. Part of the reason there hasnt been a live dvd or even many live photos is because of that very reason, its an experience and it cant be replicated on your tv, yes it would be cool to watch at home but its not the same. The setlist may not work for you , you may be sick of hearing the same songs everytime you see them, but from a production standpoint its almost a neccessity, part of the reason the show is so good is because of how tight the band is and that will change if you are changing the lighting and lazers and video every night, they wouldnt be as tight and you would bitch, you would say they lost "it" and that they arent as passionate, well take time to enjoy what they do for you because it wont be around forever, you may never have another chance to see them live or to get a new album. Music like tool's doesn't happen very often, and live shows as intense almost never happen so be thankful that you saw schism for the fifth time or whatever song you are upset about, because soon you will be stuck with seeing AFI or Fall Out Boy (are they different) and waiting and waiting and waiting for another band to come along after tool that IS different that you can be passionate about. It may happen, I hope it does. So I am happy with the set list, and you should be too.

sorry about the rant.

Deftones tuesday... good show , good venue, sound guy had a hard time , after the show two guys selling bootleg merch, please dont buy fake shit like that, it is why a legit shirt is 30+ bucks.

weds, more bootleg merch at the tool show

A few intersting things i noticed, justin using his beer bottle to play his bass during an intro..
maynard had band around his left bicep, looked similar to the type of armband you would wear at the gym with your ipod in it...

stop watching the show through your god damn cell phone video camera !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see you at the next show

sorry for being old and cranky
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #31
rpg
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/16 - Fort Worth, TX - Ft. Worth Convention Center

Lucky number 13, will also be in okc, san antonio and corpus, making 16 tool shows . I've seen them in tiny theatres and huge arenas and everything in between. I've been fortunate enough to see them play songs they almost never play, i've seen no quarter, i've seen jerk off, seen jimmy, seen crawl away, seen the opiate flood combo, seen cold and ugly, seen them open with third eye, seen them bring out layne staley to sing, see tricky sing , seen buzz from the melvins come out and play guitar, even got setlist off the stage at show (brady theatre in tulsa). Maybe i'm just old and so things are different for me, but I think some fans are completely overlooking some things, the entire night is an experience , a few missed notes (yes i notice them too) , timing alittle bit off, too many lazers or not enough , this song or that one, not everyone is going to be happy , but..... if the overall experience is good, then shut the fuck up and quit crying. Part of the reason there hasnt been a live dvd or even many live photos is because of that very reason, its an experience and it cant be replicated on your tv, yes it would be cool to watch at home but its not the same. The setlist may not work for you , you may be sick of hearing the same songs everytime you see them, but from a production standpoint its almost a neccessity, part of the reason the show is so good is because of how tight the band is and that will change if you are changing the lighting and lazers and video every night, they wouldnt be as tight and you would bitch, you would say they lost "it" and that they arent as passionate, well take time to enjoy what they do for you because it wont be around forever, you may never have another chance to see them live or to get a new album. Music like tool's doesn't happen very often, and live shows as intense almost never happen so be thankful that you saw schism for the fifth time or whatever song you are upset about, because soon you will be stuck with seeing AFI or Fall Out Boy (are they different) and waiting and waiting and waiting for another band to come along after tool that IS different that you can be passionate about. It may happen, I hope it does. So I am happy with the set list, and you should be too.

sorry about the rant.

Deftones tuesday... good show , good venue, sound guy had a hard time , after the show two guys selling bootleg merch, please dont buy fake shit like that, it is why a legit shirt is 30+ bucks.

weds, more bootleg merch at the tool show

A few intersting things i noticed, justin using his beer bottle to play his bass during an intro..
maynard had band around his left bicep, looked similar to the type of armband you would wear at the gym with your ipod in it...

stop watching the show through your god damn cell phone video camera !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see you at the next show

sorry for being old and cranky
OFFLINE |