View Single Post
btravis311
05-17-2007, 04:58 AM

4th Tool gig, the other three during the Lateralus tour. I came from Knoxville...had a floor seat...section 4, row 7, seat 9. I liked the DeSoto Center - staff was polite. Pretty good sound. This was my first time using my Etymotic ER-20 earplugs, and I was pleased. Vocals were clear and the guitar and cymbals weren't muddied like foam earplugs can do. Anyway, the show was great, with Lateralus, Wings, and Rosetta as my highlights. Overall, not quite as magical as the Lateralus tour, but they were supporting a better album on that tour, plus Maynard seemed to be more into it then. And to be honest, I could easily forego the lasers and projections if it meant more music. That said, it was well worth the trip, and I can't wait to see them in ATL and Cincinnati.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:58 AM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

4th Tool gig, the other three during the Lateralus tour. I came from Knoxville...had a floor seat...section 4, row 7, seat 9. I liked the DeSoto Center - staff was polite. Pretty good sound. This was my first time using my Etymotic ER-20 earplugs, and I was pleased. Vocals were clear and the guitar and cymbals weren't muddied like foam earplugs can do. Anyway, the show was great, with Lateralus, Wings, and Rosetta as my highlights. Overall, not quite as magical as the Lateralus tour, but they were supporting a better album on that tour, plus Maynard seemed to be more into it then. And to be honest, I could easily forego the lasers and projections if it meant more music. That said, it was well worth the trip, and I can't wait to see them in ATL and Cincinnati.
OFFLINE |