View Single Post
skillet
05-16-2007, 09:58 PM

Set list is correct. Good show, but not great. This is my 9th or 10th time seeing TOOL (going back to Undertow days) and 3rd for this tour (saw them at SMU in Dallas for warm-up and then last September at the AAC). Maynard's vocals were off a bit and hard to make out, at least from where I was in Section 211 (middle, left of stage, 2nd deck, near rail).

The #2 all-time greatest concert I've ever been to was TOOL at the Ft. Worth Convention Center for the Lateralus tour and this time around at the FWCC it just didn't compare -- the visuals and audio were nowhere near as good. Again, it -was- a good show, but after having seen them so many times and experienced some amazing concerts by TOOL, you start to get a bit picky.

I gotta say the set list for this tour is getting a bit old. As others have said, I don't like that they open with Jambi -- I love that song, but it isn't an opener. I've been hearing Schism, Aenima, 46&2 and Lateralus ever since their respective albums were released, these are played at every single concert since, bar none. I understand they are radio-friendly but TOOL has such a huge catalog to pull from, I don't see why they don't mix it up more on their tours -- I like all of those songs, but d@mn.... As someone said above, San Antonio will probably (and should) get something special. I had tickets to that show, but swapped them for the OKC show on Saturday. I'm hoping the setlist will have changed for that one; I doubt it, but we'll see.

I'm glad they did Right In Two, they hadn't done that one the other two times I'd seen them on this tour, it was very good. Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was amazing. Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned was great too (Maynard was 'speed talking' there at the start, even moreso than on the album, was kind've funny).

As always, if you've never seen TOOL in concert, it is something you need to experience -- it really does blow away most other concert experiences on various levels. Despite my "it was okay, not great" review for this show, I can guarantee you it was still better than most shows you'd see put on by anyone else. TOOL just sets the bar very high, even for themselves.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/16 - Fort Worth, TX - Ft. Worth Convention Center

Set list is correct. Good show, but not great. This is my 9th or 10th time seeing TOOL (going back to Undertow days) and 3rd for this tour (saw them at SMU in Dallas for warm-up and then last September at the AAC). Maynard's vocals were off a bit and hard to make out, at least from where I was in Section 211 (middle, left of stage, 2nd deck, near rail).

The #2 all-time greatest concert I've ever been to was TOOL at the Ft. Worth Convention Center for the Lateralus tour and this time around at the FWCC it just didn't compare -- the visuals and audio were nowhere near as good. Again, it -was- a good show, but after having seen them so many times and experienced some amazing concerts by TOOL, you start to get a bit picky.

I gotta say the set list for this tour is getting a bit old. As others have said, I don't like that they open with Jambi -- I love that song, but it isn't an opener. I've been hearing Schism, Aenima, 46&2 and Lateralus ever since their respective albums were released, these are played at every single concert since, bar none. I understand they are radio-friendly but TOOL has such a huge catalog to pull from, I don't see why they don't mix it up more on their tours -- I like all of those songs, but d@mn.... As someone said above, San Antonio will probably (and should) get something special. I had tickets to that show, but swapped them for the OKC show on Saturday. I'm hoping the setlist will have changed for that one; I doubt it, but we'll see.

I'm glad they did Right In Two, they hadn't done that one the other two times I'd seen them on this tour, it was very good. Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was amazing. Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned was great too (Maynard was 'speed talking' there at the start, even moreso than on the album, was kind've funny).

As always, if you've never seen TOOL in concert, it is something you need to experience -- it really does blow away most other concert experiences on various levels. Despite my "it was okay, not great" review for this show, I can guarantee you it was still better than most shows you'd see put on by anyone else. TOOL just sets the bar very high, even for themselves.
OFFLINE |