View Single Post
black<i>'s Avatar black<i>
05-16-2007, 11:26 AM

This was a wonderful show. Maynard, although not too talkative, seemed to be in good spirits. The entire show was spot-on from every member of the band. Everything meshed together flawlessly. I can't really offer any other information that's not already on here except for the following:

After the show, my wife and I hung out for a while. After a while, we saw Adam walking around at which point my wife yelled out to him. There weren't too many other's hanging around, however, there was some asshat we'll refer to as Superfan #1.

Before we continue. let me say, this was our 4th Tool show, and up to this point, we had managed to meet both Maynard and Justin twice. Being into art and design myself, I had always wanted to meet Adam. We had came close once, at Ozzfest in St. Louis back in 98, I believe...which is where we met Maynard for the first time. Maynard told us that Adam was ill, and so when we did see him, we didn't want to bother him, so we never said anything.

So, this time, however, my wife yells out to him and he waves and continues on. Superfan #1 tells us then, "Do not talk to them." Fuck him.

So, a little later, Adam comes back around and motions up to my wife for us to meet him at the gate, Suffice to say, we oblige. We run over to the gate. Superfan warns us, "Do not run up to him" WTF? Once there, he tells us he's sick (again), so he doesn't feel like taking any photographs or anything, but that it was a great crowd and a good time and he'll be happy to sign a few things. He was very polite and very friendly. He signed our stuff and our two friends and moved on to sign for "Superfan" who goes on to tell Adam he "Saved his life." Dude, if you happen to read these forums, I think Tool would agree, it's time you go ahead and let that go. :)

So, Adam goes back, we wait a little longer, and Justin rides up on his bike and signs some stuff and again mentions what a great crowd it was and what a good time the band had. Justin signs some stuff and talks for a while as well. Superfan tells Justin that he "Saved his life" as well, but doesn't mention if Justin had saved his life more than Adam had or not ;)....I ask if he thinks Danny might be able to come out and he says, "Well, he's getting a massage right now, but sure. I'll let him know."

We're all super-stoked. We wait. And then some rent-a-cop security fucktard with nothing more than a flashlight comes up and tells us we have to leave that the entire band just left on a van....we call his bluff, but he obviously was not going to NOT be a cock about the whole deal...so we left. A little dishearted that we missed Danny, but an over-all wonderful experience. The show was amazing and it really meant something that Adam took the time to walk out and talk a bit and sign a few things even though he was sick.

I can only hope that I can manage to gather some good seets for the Cape Girardeau show and that the Little Rock date pops back up so I can, perhaps, get that chance to say "thanks" to Danny that the lame-ass security guard made us miss....

Last edited by black<i>; 05-16-2007 at 11:30 AM..
Old 05-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

This was a wonderful show. Maynard, although not too talkative, seemed to be in good spirits. The entire show was spot-on from every member of the band. Everything meshed together flawlessly. I can't really offer any other information that's not already on here except for the following:

After the show, my wife and I hung out for a while. After a while, we saw Adam walking around at which point my wife yelled out to him. There weren't too many other's hanging around, however, there was some asshat we'll refer to as Superfan #1.

Before we continue. let me say, this was our 4th Tool show, and up to this point, we had managed to meet both Maynard and Justin twice. Being into art and design myself, I had always wanted to meet Adam. We had came close once, at Ozzfest in St. Louis back in 98, I believe...which is where we met Maynard for the first time. Maynard told us that Adam was ill, and so when we did see him, we didn't want to bother him, so we never said anything.

So, this time, however, my wife yells out to him and he waves and continues on. Superfan #1 tells us then, "Do not talk to them." Fuck him.

So, a little later, Adam comes back around and motions up to my wife for us to meet him at the gate, Suffice to say, we oblige. We run over to the gate. Superfan warns us, "Do not run up to him" WTF? Once there, he tells us he's sick (again), so he doesn't feel like taking any photographs or anything, but that it was a great crowd and a good time and he'll be happy to sign a few things. He was very polite and very friendly. He signed our stuff and our two friends and moved on to sign for "Superfan" who goes on to tell Adam he "Saved his life." Dude, if you happen to read these forums, I think Tool would agree, it's time you go ahead and let that go. :)

So, Adam goes back, we wait a little longer, and Justin rides up on his bike and signs some stuff and again mentions what a great crowd it was and what a good time the band had. Justin signs some stuff and talks for a while as well. Superfan tells Justin that he "Saved his life" as well, but doesn't mention if Justin had saved his life more than Adam had or not ;)....I ask if he thinks Danny might be able to come out and he says, "Well, he's getting a massage right now, but sure. I'll let him know."

We're all super-stoked. We wait. And then some rent-a-cop security fucktard with nothing more than a flashlight comes up and tells us we have to leave that the entire band just left on a van....we call his bluff, but he obviously was not going to NOT be a cock about the whole deal...so we left. A little dishearted that we missed Danny, but an over-all wonderful experience. The show was amazing and it really meant something that Adam took the time to walk out and talk a bit and sign a few things even though he was sick.

I can only hope that I can manage to gather some good seets for the Cape Girardeau show and that the Little Rock date pops back up so I can, perhaps, get that chance to say "thanks" to Danny that the lame-ass security guard made us miss....

Last edited by black<i>; 05-16-2007 at 11:30 AM..
OFFLINE |