View Single Post
statusfear
05-16-2007, 10:21 AM

My 5th Tool show and far and away the best. You just can't say enough about the visuals, the sound, the tightness of the band (o my god Danny, what planet did you come from anyway) my only regret is not paying the extra $200.00 on eBay to get floor seats so I could actually see the band.

Every song killed even those I thought may be a little sketchy live (Wings & Rosetta were both brilliant). The highlight had to be Lateralus, the way the song creeps and builds to a crescendo, and the added couple of minutes was perfect. I agree that live is the only way to truly appreciate Tool's artistry and their mastery of their craft.

Another highlight was being able to share the experience with my 19 year old son, who was just out of diapers when I first began listening to Tool. I don't know if there will ever be another band whose music remains vital for such a long period of time, i mean most "older" bands at some point become caricatures of their former selves but thankfully this has not happened to this band yet. I hope they have at least one more album and tour in them, but we'll see.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

My 5th Tool show and far and away the best. You just can't say enough about the visuals, the sound, the tightness of the band (o my god Danny, what planet did you come from anyway) my only regret is not paying the extra $200.00 on eBay to get floor seats so I could actually see the band.

Every song killed even those I thought may be a little sketchy live (Wings & Rosetta were both brilliant). The highlight had to be Lateralus, the way the song creeps and builds to a crescendo, and the added couple of minutes was perfect. I agree that live is the only way to truly appreciate Tool's artistry and their mastery of their craft.

Another highlight was being able to share the experience with my 19 year old son, who was just out of diapers when I first began listening to Tool. I don't know if there will ever be another band whose music remains vital for such a long period of time, i mean most "older" bands at some point become caricatures of their former selves but thankfully this has not happened to this band yet. I hope they have at least one more album and tour in them, but we'll see.
OFFLINE |