View Single Post
Aaedyn
05-16-2007, 09:43 AM

The prerequisite, this was my first Tool show. Drove from Hattiesburg, made it in about 4 hours and some change. We hauled ass. The parking lot was cool, met some cool people and chilled for a little while. I walked up to the entrance, and stuck my ear to the door, and I swear I heard Adam playing little riffs from No Quarter during the soundcheck. That was a treat, even though I knew they wouldn't play it at the show, it's nice to know they still jam it.

Kinski was cool, I dug on some of the guitarist's use of his delay pedal. They really do need a singer though, the music, while cool, isn't intricate or dynamic enough in it's own right to keep you listening.

I was sitting in Section 4, Row 4, seat 1. My seat kinda sucked. But only because I couldn't see Jones that well. I got a great view of Justin and Danny though, and I could see Maynard really well if I just tilted my head a little (You know what I'm talking about.) If anyone saw me, I was the crazy kid in the brown beanie rocking out the whole time.

Tool really brought it tonight. It was incredible. Maynard was on fire. I'm thinking the reason he doesn't scream the "Vicariously I.." part, and turns the mic toward the crowd, is not because he can't do it, it's because he wants you to do it. After hearing some of the longer notes he hit in other songs, I'm sure he could do it if he wanted. He may be getting old, but he's still a bad mother fucker.

Standard setlist, but who cares? Every song they played rocked my world like no other band could do. The drum breakdown in Lateralus was INSANE. I couldn't follow it half of the time, because Danny was just going off in all kinds of random beats. It was great though.

Okay, seriously, the lasers? Badass. The whole visual experience was incredible. Tool's visuals are topnotch. The highlights for me were definately Laturalus and Wings/Days. Those two songs were stunning. I was moved.

Security was lame as hell though. Too many old bastards with nothing better to do than shine their little mini-maglights at you. They can all go to hell. I couldn't light up because I was right on the end of the row.

Even though I've heard about how cool it is when Justin holds up his lighter, and everyone follows suit, being there, seeing it is great. There were so many lighters, the Civic Center was light up like a Christmas tree.

It was a great experience, I can't wait to see them again. I loved every minute of it. Except for the ridiculous traffic jam on the way out. I just sat in my car and got blazed for about 45 minutes then drove out without much of a delay. The ride home was a bitch, but it was all worth it.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

The prerequisite, this was my first Tool show. Drove from Hattiesburg, made it in about 4 hours and some change. We hauled ass. The parking lot was cool, met some cool people and chilled for a little while. I walked up to the entrance, and stuck my ear to the door, and I swear I heard Adam playing little riffs from No Quarter during the soundcheck. That was a treat, even though I knew they wouldn't play it at the show, it's nice to know they still jam it.

Kinski was cool, I dug on some of the guitarist's use of his delay pedal. They really do need a singer though, the music, while cool, isn't intricate or dynamic enough in it's own right to keep you listening.

I was sitting in Section 4, Row 4, seat 1. My seat kinda sucked. But only because I couldn't see Jones that well. I got a great view of Justin and Danny though, and I could see Maynard really well if I just tilted my head a little (You know what I'm talking about.) If anyone saw me, I was the crazy kid in the brown beanie rocking out the whole time.

Tool really brought it tonight. It was incredible. Maynard was on fire. I'm thinking the reason he doesn't scream the "Vicariously I.." part, and turns the mic toward the crowd, is not because he can't do it, it's because he wants you to do it. After hearing some of the longer notes he hit in other songs, I'm sure he could do it if he wanted. He may be getting old, but he's still a bad mother fucker.

Standard setlist, but who cares? Every song they played rocked my world like no other band could do. The drum breakdown in Lateralus was INSANE. I couldn't follow it half of the time, because Danny was just going off in all kinds of random beats. It was great though.

Okay, seriously, the lasers? Badass. The whole visual experience was incredible. Tool's visuals are topnotch. The highlights for me were definately Laturalus and Wings/Days. Those two songs were stunning. I was moved.

Security was lame as hell though. Too many old bastards with nothing better to do than shine their little mini-maglights at you. They can all go to hell. I couldn't light up because I was right on the end of the row.

Even though I've heard about how cool it is when Justin holds up his lighter, and everyone follows suit, being there, seeing it is great. There were so many lighters, the Civic Center was light up like a Christmas tree.

It was a great experience, I can't wait to see them again. I loved every minute of it. Except for the ridiculous traffic jam on the way out. I just sat in my car and got blazed for about 45 minutes then drove out without much of a delay. The ride home was a bitch, but it was all worth it.
OFFLINE |