View Single Post
TOOL_Rules
05-16-2007, 06:37 AM

Wow, what a great show. 12th TOOL show dating back to 1993 and I have to agree with insaner. They are indeed in top form and it's hard to imagine them ever being any tighter. All band member's energy was good. Maynard had no trouble with the Rosetta screams and put a couple of ad-lib screams in other songs for good measure. His voice was quite powerful last night. The mix was good in 4th row. Not used to getting to sit that close for my favorite band. I took, along with other family and friends, my 65-year old mother who I am trying to convert into understanding a bit about TOOL. It seemed to be a successful conversion as the show blew her away. She, like most of us, doesn't understand how DC does what he does (after seeing him do it live it's now even more puzzling to her). But she knows it is brilliant and seemed most impressed with how incredibly "tight" they are as a band. She was a music major in college and I have always known she would have some appreciation for this band if I could just get her into the music a bit and ultimately to a show. Well, that finally happened last night and it seems to have gained me another soul to talk genuinely about TOOL with. You can't put a price on that! Drove straight to to Civic Center from St. Louis and home at 5 a.m. Ugh!! But it was worth it. Thank you, TOOL!!!!!! That was one of the most memorable nights of my life. See you in Pensacola, St. Louis, and Cape Girardeau. Just keep doing what you're doing. It's obvious that you're having fun. And by the way, Aenima IS the perfect set closer. They can do it as their last song for as long as they want as far as I'm concerned. There was only one discernable mistake, but Danny covered it so well 9900 of the 10K people didn't even notice. As they were doing the chugga chugga build up before the the lead guitar solo, Danny apparently did something that caused Justin to whip his head around with a "What the fu..?" kind of a look and probably wondering how they were all going to break at the same place with something now out of sync. No problem, Danny raised his arms a little higher for when HE was going to break cueing Justin and Adam and making for a well-covered mistake. Danny gestured a few apologetic smiles and laughs to Justin afterwards just to let him know that "it was his bad". Great show overall and not sure how this band could ever get any better than they are right now. Enjoy, everyone!!

Last edited by TOOL_Rules; 05-16-2007 at 09:39 AM..
Old 05-16-2007, 06:37 AM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

Wow, what a great show. 12th TOOL show dating back to 1993 and I have to agree with insaner. They are indeed in top form and it's hard to imagine them ever being any tighter. All band member's energy was good. Maynard had no trouble with the Rosetta screams and put a couple of ad-lib screams in other songs for good measure. His voice was quite powerful last night. The mix was good in 4th row. Not used to getting to sit that close for my favorite band. I took, along with other family and friends, my 65-year old mother who I am trying to convert into understanding a bit about TOOL. It seemed to be a successful conversion as the show blew her away. She, like most of us, doesn't understand how DC does what he does (after seeing him do it live it's now even more puzzling to her). But she knows it is brilliant and seemed most impressed with how incredibly "tight" they are as a band. She was a music major in college and I have always known she would have some appreciation for this band if I could just get her into the music a bit and ultimately to a show. Well, that finally happened last night and it seems to have gained me another soul to talk genuinely about TOOL with. You can't put a price on that! Drove straight to to Civic Center from St. Louis and home at 5 a.m. Ugh!! But it was worth it. Thank you, TOOL!!!!!! That was one of the most memorable nights of my life. See you in Pensacola, St. Louis, and Cape Girardeau. Just keep doing what you're doing. It's obvious that you're having fun. And by the way, Aenima IS the perfect set closer. They can do it as their last song for as long as they want as far as I'm concerned. There was only one discernable mistake, but Danny covered it so well 9900 of the 10K people didn't even notice. As they were doing the chugga chugga build up before the the lead guitar solo, Danny apparently did something that caused Justin to whip his head around with a "What the fu..?" kind of a look and probably wondering how they were all going to break at the same place with something now out of sync. No problem, Danny raised his arms a little higher for when HE was going to break cueing Justin and Adam and making for a well-covered mistake. Danny gestured a few apologetic smiles and laughs to Justin afterwards just to let him know that "it was his bad". Great show overall and not sure how this band could ever get any better than they are right now. Enjoy, everyone!!

Last edited by TOOL_Rules; 05-16-2007 at 09:39 AM..
OFFLINE |