View Single Post
insaner's Avatar insaner
05-16-2007, 12:28 AM

seeing tool in small towns has always been hit or miss for me. either they do something crazy, as in CO springs when alex grey painted maynard and they opened with cold and ugly on the last leg of the lateralus tour, or they kind of just go through the paces. tonight, they really fucking did it up. i dare say this show was even better than either vegas show, excpet for the vibe in vegas really cant be topped. musically though i gotta say tool are at their best right now. its really helping that they arent playing the songs that thrash maynards voice. you can bitch about setlists all night long, but for me this is fucking brilliant. the band is really just nailing it night after night right now. im a veteran of about 30 shows now since 93, and they are at thier best. sorry for the drunken rambling. great show, cool crowd, brutal long ride home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...IMG_0194-1.jpg
Old 05-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #6
On Probation

Bincount™: 15
Re: 2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

seeing tool in small towns has always been hit or miss for me. either they do something crazy, as in CO springs when alex grey painted maynard and they opened with cold and ugly on the last leg of the lateralus tour, or they kind of just go through the paces. tonight, they really fucking did it up. i dare say this show was even better than either vegas show, excpet for the vibe in vegas really cant be topped. musically though i gotta say tool are at their best right now. its really helping that they arent playing the songs that thrash maynards voice. you can bitch about setlists all night long, but for me this is fucking brilliant. the band is really just nailing it night after night right now. im a veteran of about 30 shows now since 93, and they are at thier best. sorry for the drunken rambling. great show, cool crowd, brutal long ride home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...IMG_0194-1.jpg
OFFLINE |