View Single Post
Kody27
05-15-2007, 11:27 PM

Flawless...in my eyes, but Maynard did say something during Rosetta Stoned and he stepped forward and looked at the audience and mouthed "Sorry" and motioned with his hands, like he new he had messed up somehow. I love the intricate movements he makes along with whoever he is looking at in the band, it's like when he's not singing, he's feeding off the energy of another musician, who is in turn feeding off of the others...what is their source? Couldn't of asked for a better choice of songs, how could anyone complain about those masterpieces being presented in front of you like that. So what they didn't play Pushit or The Pot, they're never going to be able to fully satisfy everyone with a setlist so just enjoy what you're given. Love Danny's melted cymbal set, it literally shook my soul out of my chest, or my pineal gland. Danny takes Justin's simple bass line in Lateralus, and rapes it for about 2 minutes. He bends over time and makes it his bitch then goes right back into the real song like nothing happened...my god i've got shivers just remembering the obsessed look on his face. Tool has done it again. I could hear a subtle hissing alien like sound during parts of lost keys/rosetta stoned. Noticed Danny really does play with his bass pedals at a 90 degree angle, so it's like he builds momentum and just slams his bass drums whenever he plays, like the mallet goes through instead of just hits the surface, you just have to hear what I'm talking about in person.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:27 PM   #5
On Probation

Bincount™: 7
Re: 2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

Flawless...in my eyes, but Maynard did say something during Rosetta Stoned and he stepped forward and looked at the audience and mouthed "Sorry" and motioned with his hands, like he new he had messed up somehow. I love the intricate movements he makes along with whoever he is looking at in the band, it's like when he's not singing, he's feeding off the energy of another musician, who is in turn feeding off of the others...what is their source? Couldn't of asked for a better choice of songs, how could anyone complain about those masterpieces being presented in front of you like that. So what they didn't play Pushit or The Pot, they're never going to be able to fully satisfy everyone with a setlist so just enjoy what you're given. Love Danny's melted cymbal set, it literally shook my soul out of my chest, or my pineal gland. Danny takes Justin's simple bass line in Lateralus, and rapes it for about 2 minutes. He bends over time and makes it his bitch then goes right back into the real song like nothing happened...my god i've got shivers just remembering the obsessed look on his face. Tool has done it again. I could hear a subtle hissing alien like sound during parts of lost keys/rosetta stoned. Noticed Danny really does play with his bass pedals at a 90 degree angle, so it's like he builds momentum and just slams his bass drums whenever he plays, like the mallet goes through instead of just hits the surface, you just have to hear what I'm talking about in person.
OFFLINE |