View Single Post
SKEvil
05-15-2007, 12:30 PM

This concert was absolutely amazing. It was my first Tool concert, and first concert ever for that matter, and I was just blown away. Going to a Tool concert was a long time coming for me, and when I found out there were some last tickets available about a week before the show, I jumped at them. To my surprise, they were amazing seats: section 203, row F. From there I had an awesome view of everything. A smile couldn't help but come over my face when they first came out and started up, and when the video kicked on in the middle of Stinkfist. The crowd was enthusiastic for the most part, making for an even better show. Maynard seemed really into it until an shoe somehow made its way to him. As the show progressed, the lights and lasers got better and better. Great show.

My only complaint is no Aenima, understandably so I suppose. Albeit, I can't blame Maynard for not wanting to play it, I only wish he'd of thrown the person out instead of punishing all of us. Also, the smoking was unbearable at times, along with the heavy drinking. I find it ironic that they prohibit anything that can be used as a projectile but then supply anyone over 21 and six bucks with a cup full of beer. To the people smoking, please go kill yourselves elsewhere - spare the rest of us your stupidity.

All in all, 5/5. I have to see them again.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/12 - Council Bluffs, IA - Mid America Center

This concert was absolutely amazing. It was my first Tool concert, and first concert ever for that matter, and I was just blown away. Going to a Tool concert was a long time coming for me, and when I found out there were some last tickets available about a week before the show, I jumped at them. To my surprise, they were amazing seats: section 203, row F. From there I had an awesome view of everything. A smile couldn't help but come over my face when they first came out and started up, and when the video kicked on in the middle of Stinkfist. The crowd was enthusiastic for the most part, making for an even better show. Maynard seemed really into it until an shoe somehow made its way to him. As the show progressed, the lights and lasers got better and better. Great show.

My only complaint is no Aenima, understandably so I suppose. Albeit, I can't blame Maynard for not wanting to play it, I only wish he'd of thrown the person out instead of punishing all of us. Also, the smoking was unbearable at times, along with the heavy drinking. I find it ironic that they prohibit anything that can be used as a projectile but then supply anyone over 21 and six bucks with a cup full of beer. To the people smoking, please go kill yourselves elsewhere - spare the rest of us your stupidity.

All in all, 5/5. I have to see them again.
OFFLINE |