View Single Post
hikingartist
05-15-2007, 09:16 AM

Great show. Thanks Tool. I am 48 years old. I went with my son, who is 24. We were about 60 feet from the stage when the show started. Then these mosh pits broke out and these sweaty mooks patrolled these vast open spaces, ready to shove all who enter. Whatever. So everytime a mosh broke out, I advanced steadily towards the stage. I got separted from my son. I never pushed anyone, but I got pushed, I got shoved. Whatever. Eventually I was about 20 feet from the stage, where I caught Intension, Wings/10,000. I was looking up watching Adam, lasers shooting overhead. I will never forget it. The last time I was this close to the stage was when I saw ACDC. With Bon Scott.
These mooks behind me wanted to mosh sooo bad. They kept saying things like "here it comes" and "this place is gonna go off". Finally during 10,000, one conceded "this would be great if they played some music"! Hahaha! Chowder heads! I love when Tool kills the mosh with a 10 minute instrumental. Beautiful instrumentals, I might add.
Anyway I was the bald guy rocking out up front during Laterlus/Vicarious and I apologize to anyone I bumped into. Observation:
The crowds love to shout out the lyrics to lines with the words "f***" or "s***" in them, at times completely drowning out Maynard. I think sometimes he just doesn't sing, because noone can hear him anyway. And I often wonder if he feels bad that the audience shouts with glee about "learning to swim" (a catastrophic vision that would result in the death and suffering of millions) yet the same audience falls mostly mute when it comes time to recite the uplifting phrases from Laterlus. Anway, what do I know. I'm old. Thanks again Tool.
Tonight: Porcupine Treee at The Fox Theater. Yay me!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/09 - Colorado Springs, CO - World Arena

Great show. Thanks Tool. I am 48 years old. I went with my son, who is 24. We were about 60 feet from the stage when the show started. Then these mosh pits broke out and these sweaty mooks patrolled these vast open spaces, ready to shove all who enter. Whatever. So everytime a mosh broke out, I advanced steadily towards the stage. I got separted from my son. I never pushed anyone, but I got pushed, I got shoved. Whatever. Eventually I was about 20 feet from the stage, where I caught Intension, Wings/10,000. I was looking up watching Adam, lasers shooting overhead. I will never forget it. The last time I was this close to the stage was when I saw ACDC. With Bon Scott.
These mooks behind me wanted to mosh sooo bad. They kept saying things like "here it comes" and "this place is gonna go off". Finally during 10,000, one conceded "this would be great if they played some music"! Hahaha! Chowder heads! I love when Tool kills the mosh with a 10 minute instrumental. Beautiful instrumentals, I might add.
Anyway I was the bald guy rocking out up front during Laterlus/Vicarious and I apologize to anyone I bumped into. Observation:
The crowds love to shout out the lyrics to lines with the words "f***" or "s***" in them, at times completely drowning out Maynard. I think sometimes he just doesn't sing, because noone can hear him anyway. And I often wonder if he feels bad that the audience shouts with glee about "learning to swim" (a catastrophic vision that would result in the death and suffering of millions) yet the same audience falls mostly mute when it comes time to recite the uplifting phrases from Laterlus. Anway, what do I know. I'm old. Thanks again Tool.
Tonight: Porcupine Treee at The Fox Theater. Yay me!
OFFLINE |