View Single Post
phnx's Avatar phnx
05-13-2007, 11:21 PM

Really? His playing certainly didn't show it...

I'd say that the lab coat deal might be something that just came naturally. In looking for a way to expand the visual experience, include the stage floor. And everything else just fit in place from there.

I can't complain about the setlist. Keys\Stoned is too deep to start with. I love seeing it, so amazing. They start and end with the shorter "Rock" songs, and in the middle they can toy with the more fringe songs. Not to compare, but Keys\Stoned is the "Third Eye" of 10000 Days, and alot of people...can't...? fully appreciate those songs. Start the show with 2/3rds energy, with a long, slow decline, followed by a rapid rise at the end. As evidenced by closing with Aenema. What other song could they end with that would get even similar energy? Between Stinkfist (something kinda sad...), Keys, Stoned, Intension, Ri2, Wings, 10KD, and Aenema. I was satisfied. My high point being Wings/10K. It hurts listening to the studio version, Tool is magnatudes better in the flesh.

Far more than I meant to say. Thanks for reading.

-outtie-

EDIT:: Oh, and Ri2, how could I forget that!?! I was sad that wasn't included at Kemper. That made it all that much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWithAGatt View Post

Noticed Danny ice down his right bicep during the lounging break.

Was there perhaps a theme with the lab coats and the sterile white floor tying into the whole Rosetta Stoned motif?

(I still contend that if they play Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned, it needs to be the first song. Otherwise I've seen little to no audience reaction. Maybe it's just the midwest. But as a starter in Memorial Hall, well, there is no comparison. I've never seen a more well received song.)
I was wondering about that. the possibility of a DVD gets more real as time goes by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakX View Post
BTW, they had two mics and a HD camera around the console area.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-14-2007 at 05:17 AM..
Old 05-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #24
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

Really? His playing certainly didn't show it...

I'd say that the lab coat deal might be something that just came naturally. In looking for a way to expand the visual experience, include the stage floor. And everything else just fit in place from there.

I can't complain about the setlist. Keys\Stoned is too deep to start with. I love seeing it, so amazing. They start and end with the shorter "Rock" songs, and in the middle they can toy with the more fringe songs. Not to compare, but Keys\Stoned is the "Third Eye" of 10000 Days, and alot of people...can't...? fully appreciate those songs. Start the show with 2/3rds energy, with a long, slow decline, followed by a rapid rise at the end. As evidenced by closing with Aenema. What other song could they end with that would get even similar energy? Between Stinkfist (something kinda sad...), Keys, Stoned, Intension, Ri2, Wings, 10KD, and Aenema. I was satisfied. My high point being Wings/10K. It hurts listening to the studio version, Tool is magnatudes better in the flesh.

Far more than I meant to say. Thanks for reading.

-outtie-

EDIT:: Oh, and Ri2, how could I forget that!?! I was sad that wasn't included at Kemper. That made it all that much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWithAGatt View Post

Noticed Danny ice down his right bicep during the lounging break.

Was there perhaps a theme with the lab coats and the sterile white floor tying into the whole Rosetta Stoned motif?

(I still contend that if they play Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned, it needs to be the first song. Otherwise I've seen little to no audience reaction. Maybe it's just the midwest. But as a starter in Memorial Hall, well, there is no comparison. I've never seen a more well received song.)
I was wondering about that. the possibility of a DVD gets more real as time goes by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakX View Post
BTW, they had two mics and a HD camera around the console area.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-14-2007 at 05:17 AM..
OFFLINE |