View Single Post
Lowkey_Loki
05-13-2007, 07:32 PM

My third Tool show (caught both the Omaha and Sioux Falls dates back in 02), and all I can say is that this show was ON FIRE...the Sioux Falls show during their last tour was totally dead on everyone's parts...the band and the crowd. My only complaint is the typical "damn hockey arena" acoustics issues. Section 205, Row S, seat 6. During most of Kinski and parts of Tool, I was picking up this fucking annoying echo coming up off of the back balcony. Ugh.

Took my 15 year old brother and my fiancee...first show for the both of them. When Tool took the stage, we all had a moment together where we just looked at the stage, then at each other, and almost simultaneously all said "What the fuck is Maynard wearing?" :) Dug his cowboy hat/jeans/orange jacket.

Totally dug Maynard's air fucking/air bullriding bit during Jambi. Got a good chuckle.

Cried like a little bitch during Wings/10k Days. I can die a happy man now having heard it live.

Was it just me, or was Maynard spending more than the usual amount of time up in his upper register? Borderline on being too nasal.

Last, but certainly not least...Danny Carey is a FUCKING GOD.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/12 - Council Bluffs, IA - Mid America Center

My third Tool show (caught both the Omaha and Sioux Falls dates back in 02), and all I can say is that this show was ON FIRE...the Sioux Falls show during their last tour was totally dead on everyone's parts...the band and the crowd. My only complaint is the typical "damn hockey arena" acoustics issues. Section 205, Row S, seat 6. During most of Kinski and parts of Tool, I was picking up this fucking annoying echo coming up off of the back balcony. Ugh.

Took my 15 year old brother and my fiancee...first show for the both of them. When Tool took the stage, we all had a moment together where we just looked at the stage, then at each other, and almost simultaneously all said "What the fuck is Maynard wearing?" :) Dug his cowboy hat/jeans/orange jacket.

Totally dug Maynard's air fucking/air bullriding bit during Jambi. Got a good chuckle.

Cried like a little bitch during Wings/10k Days. I can die a happy man now having heard it live.

Was it just me, or was Maynard spending more than the usual amount of time up in his upper register? Borderline on being too nasal.

Last, but certainly not least...Danny Carey is a FUCKING GOD.