View Single Post
dclxvi-qas's Avatar dclxvi-qas
05-11-2007, 12:05 PM

Dang...

Finally getting around to writing a little something about Tues nites show.

My wife and I inadvertently took a wrong turn and inadventently paid some lady for parking and inadvertently found us on the inside of the racetrack. the line seemed pretty short so we jumped in.

after getting my nuts massaged and asked if i had anything else on me... we ended up in the Ticketfast line. Woopee... our own line.

We bought a couple of items equaling $118.00 at the merchandise booth, we got our wristbands and sat on the floor for about an hour? something like that. Security kept telling us to move up closer… wtf.

Any closer and we’d be sitting asshole to belly button. This isn’t bootcamp fukers.

Kinski was ok, kinda disrespectful when people yell out "we want TOOL!" “Wheres TOOL?” when they know that obviously there is going to be an opening act. lots and lots of dumbass people in the world i guess.

But Kinskis' guitarist, the one next to the bass player was probably the highest person there. he looked more stoned or drunk than the bass player. but overall, asides from the one fuk up he had, that royally pissed of the drummer, by the talkative guitarist, they did an alright job.

overall i suppose i could manage to illegally download their music.

Tool...

damn, that was probably the greatest show ive ever witnessed. even though Maynard seemed a bit bored by it. all thru the show i was waiting for that one little incident that would piss off the Touchy One. but it didnt happen, thank god.

so we got a good show. i think the fact that they werent serving alcohol for the show was a major factor in how chill most people were. now i cant say that about the junkies and the tweakers, but at least they were on semi-good behavior for the show.

now the gay retarded frat boys and nu-metal wannabees are a little different. im not even gonna get into that.

i had a good time once we backed up from the above aforementioned who seemed to think that there were not nearly enough people in the front and not nearly enough moshing to be had.

we retreated about 20 feet after elbowing a few assholes in the face who thought i was tryin to mosh with them while trying to squeeze by. some midget frat boy, yelling, "who are you!, who are you???" tried to push my wife over while she squeezed by. so i kneed him in the nose and he walked off holding his bleeding, broken nose.

after that, everyone was cool in our area. even the people who had been wildly flailing around inconsiderately stopped and enjoyed the rest of the show.

the lasers were kick ass, i think we were right in the middle from the stage and the soundboard, and the sound was much better than the front.

overall we had a killer time, aside from a few dumbasses, everything went well. for the most part, i think most of the people there would have torn apart anyone who would have tried to pull something that would hamper the band from delivering a kick ass show.

The highlights for me were Right In Two, 10,000 Days and Lateralus and the laser show and visuals. The visuals for Right in Two had such a hopeless, defeated air about them.

Someone posted something somewhere about this show being an antidote for the weak PHX show at the Cricket in sept… very well put. This more than made up for that.

Last side note, some guy in the box seats got all asshurt because he had caught the drumhead, (well… sorta caught it) and someone reached in and tried to swipe it but it ended up going into a different section altogether. He looked so dejected and angry… walked right out, probably cried himself to sleep.

Well, I almost caught the one that flew over my head, just out of reach, but we all had a laugh about it in my section and resumed our lives.

I felt like saying fuk it to work the next morning and heading up to Colo Springs for the next nights show. But in the end, we went back to our lives, our bills, our problems… but for a few hours, on Tues night, we were transported to a different world with no problems, not a single care in the world except retarded frat boys.

I hope they come back to either phx/tucson or nm. Ill be there.

Last edited by dclxvi-qas; 05-11-2007 at 12:12 PM..
Old 05-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #17
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/05/08 - Albuqurque, NM - Tingley Coliseum

Dang...

Finally getting around to writing a little something about Tues nites show.

My wife and I inadvertently took a wrong turn and inadventently paid some lady for parking and inadvertently found us on the inside of the racetrack. the line seemed pretty short so we jumped in.

after getting my nuts massaged and asked if i had anything else on me... we ended up in the Ticketfast line. Woopee... our own line.

We bought a couple of items equaling $118.00 at the merchandise booth, we got our wristbands and sat on the floor for about an hour? something like that. Security kept telling us to move up closer… wtf.

Any closer and we’d be sitting asshole to belly button. This isn’t bootcamp fukers.

Kinski was ok, kinda disrespectful when people yell out "we want TOOL!" “Wheres TOOL?” when they know that obviously there is going to be an opening act. lots and lots of dumbass people in the world i guess.

But Kinskis' guitarist, the one next to the bass player was probably the highest person there. he looked more stoned or drunk than the bass player. but overall, asides from the one fuk up he had, that royally pissed of the drummer, by the talkative guitarist, they did an alright job.

overall i suppose i could manage to illegally download their music.

Tool...

damn, that was probably the greatest show ive ever witnessed. even though Maynard seemed a bit bored by it. all thru the show i was waiting for that one little incident that would piss off the Touchy One. but it didnt happen, thank god.

so we got a good show. i think the fact that they werent serving alcohol for the show was a major factor in how chill most people were. now i cant say that about the junkies and the tweakers, but at least they were on semi-good behavior for the show.

now the gay retarded frat boys and nu-metal wannabees are a little different. im not even gonna get into that.

i had a good time once we backed up from the above aforementioned who seemed to think that there were not nearly enough people in the front and not nearly enough moshing to be had.

we retreated about 20 feet after elbowing a few assholes in the face who thought i was tryin to mosh with them while trying to squeeze by. some midget frat boy, yelling, "who are you!, who are you???" tried to push my wife over while she squeezed by. so i kneed him in the nose and he walked off holding his bleeding, broken nose.

after that, everyone was cool in our area. even the people who had been wildly flailing around inconsiderately stopped and enjoyed the rest of the show.

the lasers were kick ass, i think we were right in the middle from the stage and the soundboard, and the sound was much better than the front.

overall we had a killer time, aside from a few dumbasses, everything went well. for the most part, i think most of the people there would have torn apart anyone who would have tried to pull something that would hamper the band from delivering a kick ass show.

The highlights for me were Right In Two, 10,000 Days and Lateralus and the laser show and visuals. The visuals for Right in Two had such a hopeless, defeated air about them.

Someone posted something somewhere about this show being an antidote for the weak PHX show at the Cricket in sept… very well put. This more than made up for that.

Last side note, some guy in the box seats got all asshurt because he had caught the drumhead, (well… sorta caught it) and someone reached in and tried to swipe it but it ended up going into a different section altogether. He looked so dejected and angry… walked right out, probably cried himself to sleep.

Well, I almost caught the one that flew over my head, just out of reach, but we all had a laugh about it in my section and resumed our lives.

I felt like saying fuk it to work the next morning and heading up to Colo Springs for the next nights show. But in the end, we went back to our lives, our bills, our problems… but for a few hours, on Tues night, we were transported to a different world with no problems, not a single care in the world except retarded frat boys.

I hope they come back to either phx/tucson or nm. Ill be there.

Last edited by dclxvi-qas; 05-11-2007 at 12:12 PM..
OFFLINE |