View Single Post
rattoon
05-10-2007, 11:49 AM

So I was able to get four seats side by side in the sixth row, side stage. Amazing seats, even better ones than I had for Temple Buell. I've heard that that area is always the loudest section of an arena, and that really proved true after the first notes of Jambi. I can't hear a thing right now. That was definitely the loudest show I have ever been to.

In fact, it was too loud. Deafening. Maynard was drowned out, the guitar was way too loud, and the drums were too faint. The band took their sit-down intermission after rosetta, and I was worried that we were going to be robbed of a couple songs. But no, thankfully, they played the entire set.

This is my fourth time seeing them, and the setlist was probably the weakest of the four. Why couldn't they have thrown pushit or 4 degrees in instead of Right in two? I agree with the above poster who called it a leftover from lateralus. Bunching those two with wings/10000 days was too droning and with lack of a more descriptive word, "boring". Almost everyone in my section was sitting down during that part of the setlist. Sitting down at a Tool concert?

46 and 2 was amazing, Vicarious was awesome, lateralus was incredible (Danny is inhuman). The visuals were cool, although I spent most of my time watching the band members' faces. It was really evident that they are getting older now, and that concerts for them are more a matter of going through the motions than anything else. It was disappointing to have such good seats with such horrible sound. Overall though, a good experience, although I would not be surprised if this is their last tour.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/09 - Colorado Springs, CO - World Arena

So I was able to get four seats side by side in the sixth row, side stage. Amazing seats, even better ones than I had for Temple Buell. I've heard that that area is always the loudest section of an arena, and that really proved true after the first notes of Jambi. I can't hear a thing right now. That was definitely the loudest show I have ever been to.

In fact, it was too loud. Deafening. Maynard was drowned out, the guitar was way too loud, and the drums were too faint. The band took their sit-down intermission after rosetta, and I was worried that we were going to be robbed of a couple songs. But no, thankfully, they played the entire set.

This is my fourth time seeing them, and the setlist was probably the weakest of the four. Why couldn't they have thrown pushit or 4 degrees in instead of Right in two? I agree with the above poster who called it a leftover from lateralus. Bunching those two with wings/10000 days was too droning and with lack of a more descriptive word, "boring". Almost everyone in my section was sitting down during that part of the setlist. Sitting down at a Tool concert?

46 and 2 was amazing, Vicarious was awesome, lateralus was incredible (Danny is inhuman). The visuals were cool, although I spent most of my time watching the band members' faces. It was really evident that they are getting older now, and that concerts for them are more a matter of going through the motions than anything else. It was disappointing to have such good seats with such horrible sound. Overall though, a good experience, although I would not be surprised if this is their last tour.
OFFLINE |