View Single Post
mhjets
05-10-2007, 10:16 AM

This was my 8th show and it was outstanding as always. I was in GA and near the front and have to say, along with what else that has been said on this board, that why go to a Tool show to mosh? You spend $65 for a ticket and you don't even pay attention to the band. That is one of the most appealing things about seeing Tool live is that you just get so wrapped up in the performance that you are oblivious to everything else. I don't like Jambi as an opener. Good song, but doesn't do much to get the show off on the right foot. I also think 46 &2 should be retired for a while. I still love the song, but I have heard it at 7 of the 8 shows that I have seen. I would prefer an opening 4 songs of The Grudge/Stinkfist/Swamp Song (or any other Undertow song not named Sober)/Jambi. This was my first time seeing Right in Two as well as Wings/10,000 Days and they were the highlights for me. Was hoping to get Pushit but after seeing Right In Two I can't complain. Danny was in top form, as was Justin. Didn't pay too much attention to Adam, he looked bored to me. I miss Maynard flailing his body around like he used to, but that is a minor gripe. They are still far better than any band that I go see live and I hope to catch them on another show for this leg. Thank you guys for another great show.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/09 - Colorado Springs, CO - World Arena

This was my 8th show and it was outstanding as always. I was in GA and near the front and have to say, along with what else that has been said on this board, that why go to a Tool show to mosh? You spend $65 for a ticket and you don't even pay attention to the band. That is one of the most appealing things about seeing Tool live is that you just get so wrapped up in the performance that you are oblivious to everything else. I don't like Jambi as an opener. Good song, but doesn't do much to get the show off on the right foot. I also think 46 &2 should be retired for a while. I still love the song, but I have heard it at 7 of the 8 shows that I have seen. I would prefer an opening 4 songs of The Grudge/Stinkfist/Swamp Song (or any other Undertow song not named Sober)/Jambi. This was my first time seeing Right in Two as well as Wings/10,000 Days and they were the highlights for me. Was hoping to get Pushit but after seeing Right In Two I can't complain. Danny was in top form, as was Justin. Didn't pay too much attention to Adam, he looked bored to me. I miss Maynard flailing his body around like he used to, but that is a minor gripe. They are still far better than any band that I go see live and I hope to catch them on another show for this leg. Thank you guys for another great show.
OFFLINE |