View Single Post
Baa's Avatar Baa
05-10-2007, 08:47 AM

Section 115, row B, seat 3. Towards the back; not a bad view since it was a fairly small venue. Drove down from Denver for this.

I didn't hear the Maynardisms; he only talked like once after...Lateralus was it? And then after Vicarious was "And that's pretty much it."

"...but we do usually play this one song." Cue Aenema.

Riding the mic stand was quite funny as well.

Band seemed more into it than I've heard they have at their other shows, with this being my first Tool show I can't make any comparisons.

Some guy passed out right in front of us in the first row. We laughed. Honestly, I don't see the point in getting that trashed; I'd rather remember the show.

Overall couldn't have asked for anything better. The visuals were insane, especially during Wings/10k Days (highlight of the show IMHO), and then in Lateralus right afterwards. Eulogy or The Grudge would have been nice I guess but hey, give them a break. They've been touring for almost a straight year.

Although I was quite surprised at the lack of Sober, didn't really care as it's probably my least favorite song.

Edit: By the way, did the opening band's vocalist just not show up or are they just entirely instrumental? It was awfully boring without any vocals, even though they were obviously very talented ( e.g. the cheers during the guitarist's little weird Morello-esque solo act).

Last edited by Baa; 05-10-2007 at 09:00 AM..
Old 05-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #18
Baa
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 5
Re: 2007/05/09 - Colorado Springs, CO - World Arena

Section 115, row B, seat 3. Towards the back; not a bad view since it was a fairly small venue. Drove down from Denver for this.

I didn't hear the Maynardisms; he only talked like once after...Lateralus was it? And then after Vicarious was "And that's pretty much it."

"...but we do usually play this one song." Cue Aenema.

Riding the mic stand was quite funny as well.

Band seemed more into it than I've heard they have at their other shows, with this being my first Tool show I can't make any comparisons.

Some guy passed out right in front of us in the first row. We laughed. Honestly, I don't see the point in getting that trashed; I'd rather remember the show.

Overall couldn't have asked for anything better. The visuals were insane, especially during Wings/10k Days (highlight of the show IMHO), and then in Lateralus right afterwards. Eulogy or The Grudge would have been nice I guess but hey, give them a break. They've been touring for almost a straight year.

Although I was quite surprised at the lack of Sober, didn't really care as it's probably my least favorite song.

Edit: By the way, did the opening band's vocalist just not show up or are they just entirely instrumental? It was awfully boring without any vocals, even though they were obviously very talented ( e.g. the cheers during the guitarist's little weird Morello-esque solo act).

Last edited by Baa; 05-10-2007 at 09:00 AM..
OFFLINE |