View Single Post
stroud34's Avatar stroud34
05-10-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nman406 View Post
Alright, this was my second show. My thoughts-

Wow, Maynard, get a stage presence. I know these guys aren't the run and jump around the stage kind of band, but watching these guys play was about this exciting-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQeQD0CJzY

Maynard stood in the SAME SPOT FOR THE WHOLE SHOW.

I saw them the last time they were here, and they kicked ass. Maynard was into the show, he didn't look like he showed up for a job. I was very disappointed in this regard.

I liked the set list and the laser show, especially combined with Wings, which is my favorite song off the new album. I really wanted to hear Parabola, but no big deal. The vocals seemed a bit drowned out, but it may have been where I was seated, which was at the back of the arena looking straight at the stage.

I tend to enjoy shows based on stage presence and the overall energy of the band, so I would rate this as a 4/10- and I will pass if I have a chance to see them again. I'm a huge fan, and I hate to seem like I'm ragging on them, but it looked to me like they have lost the passion for performing.
Prolly cause maynard hates being the center of attention....[why he's never up front]
its all about the music bro
Old 05-10-2007, 06:03 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/08 - Albuqurque, NM - Tingley Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nman406 View Post
Alright, this was my second show. My thoughts-

Wow, Maynard, get a stage presence. I know these guys aren't the run and jump around the stage kind of band, but watching these guys play was about this exciting-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQeQD0CJzY

Maynard stood in the SAME SPOT FOR THE WHOLE SHOW.

I saw them the last time they were here, and they kicked ass. Maynard was into the show, he didn't look like he showed up for a job. I was very disappointed in this regard.

I liked the set list and the laser show, especially combined with Wings, which is my favorite song off the new album. I really wanted to hear Parabola, but no big deal. The vocals seemed a bit drowned out, but it may have been where I was seated, which was at the back of the arena looking straight at the stage.

I tend to enjoy shows based on stage presence and the overall energy of the band, so I would rate this as a 4/10- and I will pass if I have a chance to see them again. I'm a huge fan, and I hate to seem like I'm ragging on them, but it looked to me like they have lost the passion for performing.
Prolly cause maynard hates being the center of attention....[why he's never up front]
its all about the music bro
OFFLINE |