Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

same as 5/8 setlist. looking at the 'pattern' that had been established, i was really hoping for 'pushit'. got 'right in two', which still rocks. had seen them in englewood in august, so that was still new [to me]. as was 'wings for marie/10,000 days'.

my first show at the world arena. had i known that some of the reserved seating was still so close, i would have passed on floor/general admission. there were a bunch of uber-violent f*&*ers in front and to my right. my brother says a guy right behind me was taping the show. if his equipment survived.

so, um. i know i'm getting older. but is it so wrong to just wanna take in the music without wailing on people's heads? i'll admit i'm a newbie to being on the floor for a show of tool's intensity, but i had to stop myself from laughing several times. the juxtaposition of maynard singing 'right in two' about fighting and monkeys, while a couple of skinhead looking motherf*&^ers are bouncing around and knocking people over....too much.

and how the hell do you mosh thru ALL of 'wings for marie/10,000 days'?! the song starts, and a guy to my left turns to his girlfriend and says 'such a beautiful song', and they hold eachother...meanwhile the shirtless nazis to my right were laying into people and sending young ladies flying.

i wonder if they actually skipped 'pushit' for today because of all the violence in the crowd.

i'm usually into bands for dynamic vocalists. i don't play an instrument, so i can never truly appreciate all that goes into the music. not like i can sing either. but i was amazed to find myself focusing on danny, adam, and justin. maynard is just really an afterthought at this point. he shows flashes of intensity, but not as consistently as the band rocking out. i'm glad they are adding things like the 'schism' speed up and the 'lateralus' solo to shake things up a bit.

the few things maynard said, that i remember: i think right before they played jambi, something to the effect of 'somebody's smoking pot'. then right before aenema 'well, i guess that about sums it up...' he said something right after that, but i missed it.

i wonder if it pisses them off as artists that people seem to want to be awash in beer and pot before they feel they can 'experience' a tool show. like if you spent all day preparing a meal for someone, and they sat down and just doused it in salt and pepper without even trying it first.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/09 - Colorado Springs, CO - World Arena

setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

same as 5/8 setlist. looking at the 'pattern' that had been established, i was really hoping for 'pushit'. got 'right in two', which still rocks. had seen them in englewood in august, so that was still new [to me]. as was 'wings for marie/10,000 days'.

my first show at the world arena. had i known that some of the reserved seating was still so close, i would have passed on floor/general admission. there were a bunch of uber-violent f*&*ers in front and to my right. my brother says a guy right behind me was taping the show. if his equipment survived.

so, um. i know i'm getting older. but is it so wrong to just wanna take in the music without wailing on people's heads? i'll admit i'm a newbie to being on the floor for a show of tool's intensity, but i had to stop myself from laughing several times. the juxtaposition of maynard singing 'right in two' about fighting and monkeys, while a couple of skinhead looking motherf*&^ers are bouncing around and knocking people over....too much.

and how the hell do you mosh thru ALL of 'wings for marie/10,000 days'?! the song starts, and a guy to my left turns to his girlfriend and says 'such a beautiful song', and they hold eachother...meanwhile the shirtless nazis to my right were laying into people and sending young ladies flying.

i wonder if they actually skipped 'pushit' for today because of all the violence in the crowd.

i'm usually into bands for dynamic vocalists. i don't play an instrument, so i can never truly appreciate all that goes into the music. not like i can sing either. but i was amazed to find myself focusing on danny, adam, and justin. maynard is just really an afterthought at this point. he shows flashes of intensity, but not as consistently as the band rocking out. i'm glad they are adding things like the 'schism' speed up and the 'lateralus' solo to shake things up a bit.

the few things maynard said, that i remember: i think right before they played jambi, something to the effect of 'somebody's smoking pot'. then right before aenema 'well, i guess that about sums it up...' he said something right after that, but i missed it.

i wonder if it pisses them off as artists that people seem to want to be awash in beer and pot before they feel they can 'experience' a tool show. like if you spent all day preparing a meal for someone, and they sat down and just doused it in salt and pepper without even trying it first.
OFFLINE |