View Single Post
Watching and mentioning's Avatar Watching and mentioning
05-09-2007, 10:58 PM

It was the typical setlist, and when I saw it when people posted it, I felt a little dissappointed, but experiencing it changed that. The sound was pretty good, it seemed like whoever was incharge of keeping the band at comparable volume levels was slacking. There were times when I couldn't hear Maynard, and then 3 seconds later he was loud and clear or when Danny's drums seemed a little too prominent. There was a lot to enjoy at the show. Wings/10k was pheomenal. Danny was spot on as if the injury never occured. The progression of the visuals was great, and really hit it's peak when the, for lack of a better description, halo's of light started shooting laser beams, it was frickin awesome! I was hoping to hear Pushit, but got Right in Two and it did turn out spectacular. Like the other shows, Maynard didn't seem as talkative as in past shows, but he did seem to be dancing around and moving a lot more. The guys seem to have it down to a science and it plays out perfectly. The only downside to that, I feel, is that it seems like a cookie cutter show, and a tad bit less personal. Don't get me wrong, it was a great show and I'm not trying to bitch about it. If that were the case, I could complain about not hearing Disposition. The only other complaint was an issue unavoidable by the band, and that was annoying crowd members. I don't know if anyone else was around section 208/207 but there was a lady that felt the need to move to the isle and dance quite manically which ended up blocking the great view of the stage my girlfriend and I had. All in all, a wonderful show.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/09 - Colorado Springs, CO - World Arena

It was the typical setlist, and when I saw it when people posted it, I felt a little dissappointed, but experiencing it changed that. The sound was pretty good, it seemed like whoever was incharge of keeping the band at comparable volume levels was slacking. There were times when I couldn't hear Maynard, and then 3 seconds later he was loud and clear or when Danny's drums seemed a little too prominent. There was a lot to enjoy at the show. Wings/10k was pheomenal. Danny was spot on as if the injury never occured. The progression of the visuals was great, and really hit it's peak when the, for lack of a better description, halo's of light started shooting laser beams, it was frickin awesome! I was hoping to hear Pushit, but got Right in Two and it did turn out spectacular. Like the other shows, Maynard didn't seem as talkative as in past shows, but he did seem to be dancing around and moving a lot more. The guys seem to have it down to a science and it plays out perfectly. The only downside to that, I feel, is that it seems like a cookie cutter show, and a tad bit less personal. Don't get me wrong, it was a great show and I'm not trying to bitch about it. If that were the case, I could complain about not hearing Disposition. The only other complaint was an issue unavoidable by the band, and that was annoying crowd members. I don't know if anyone else was around section 208/207 but there was a lady that felt the need to move to the isle and dance quite manically which ended up blocking the great view of the stage my girlfriend and I had. All in all, a wonderful show.
OFFLINE |