View Single Post
Toolshedd
05-09-2007, 10:39 PM

Well Well WELL....We've seen the band a handful of times on this tour and it's better and tighter everytime. I have a few things to add in.

1. Albuquerque is a fanTAStic place to see a concert. We New Mexicans have so few things to be fanatic about that what we DO have gets our full attention. Makes me proud to live here...

2. About the repetitive setlists.....this tour will probably be the only time we will be able to see songs like 10000 Days, LK, Intention, etc...live. On previous tours, the setlists were always heavy on songs from the album that Tool was promoting at the time, and it'll be the same on future tours. It sucks for younger fans that have never gotten to see Sober, or Prison Sex or many of the other greats, but just enjoy what we're getting now, because Tool will not keep it the same the next time...

3. Tingley Coliseum is a DINOSAUR!! Until Tuesday, I've never liked the sound in that place, but I have to say that Tool's techs got it nearly perfect. Maynard was not nearly loud enough, and Adam's guitar was sometimes overbearing, but those are MINOR complaints. The sound was PHENOMENAL.

4. Someone texted my son during the show and asked what the light and laser show was like and his response was "it's like a wonderfully warm and safe drug trip!" Pretty good description. I admit that I got lost in the lasers and lights multiple times and stopped paying attention to the band!!

5. Nobody enjoys drinking a beer more than I, and while I admit I was a little disappointed that there were no beer sales at Tingley, it's become a much better place to catch a show without alcohol....It just DOES something to people in Albuquerque in Metal show settings!! Brings out the inner demons or something!

For the remaining 36 cities where Tool is currently coming, GET READY!!!! The setlists will not change much at all, but it does NOT MATTER... Tool gets better and better with every show. After nearly a full year on the road, you'd think they would be tiring out, but not so!! Thanks fellas for rocking Albuquerque's FACES OFF
Old 05-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/08 - Albuqurque, NM - Tingley Coliseum

Well Well WELL....We've seen the band a handful of times on this tour and it's better and tighter everytime. I have a few things to add in.

1. Albuquerque is a fanTAStic place to see a concert. We New Mexicans have so few things to be fanatic about that what we DO have gets our full attention. Makes me proud to live here...

2. About the repetitive setlists.....this tour will probably be the only time we will be able to see songs like 10000 Days, LK, Intention, etc...live. On previous tours, the setlists were always heavy on songs from the album that Tool was promoting at the time, and it'll be the same on future tours. It sucks for younger fans that have never gotten to see Sober, or Prison Sex or many of the other greats, but just enjoy what we're getting now, because Tool will not keep it the same the next time...

3. Tingley Coliseum is a DINOSAUR!! Until Tuesday, I've never liked the sound in that place, but I have to say that Tool's techs got it nearly perfect. Maynard was not nearly loud enough, and Adam's guitar was sometimes overbearing, but those are MINOR complaints. The sound was PHENOMENAL.

4. Someone texted my son during the show and asked what the light and laser show was like and his response was "it's like a wonderfully warm and safe drug trip!" Pretty good description. I admit that I got lost in the lasers and lights multiple times and stopped paying attention to the band!!

5. Nobody enjoys drinking a beer more than I, and while I admit I was a little disappointed that there were no beer sales at Tingley, it's become a much better place to catch a show without alcohol....It just DOES something to people in Albuquerque in Metal show settings!! Brings out the inner demons or something!

For the remaining 36 cities where Tool is currently coming, GET READY!!!! The setlists will not change much at all, but it does NOT MATTER... Tool gets better and better with every show. After nearly a full year on the road, you'd think they would be tiring out, but not so!! Thanks fellas for rocking Albuquerque's FACES OFF
OFFLINE |