View Single Post
The Rak
05-09-2007, 12:34 AM

My boy Matt and I are failry wasted at 2:20 or so a.m., but are keeping with the pronouncement not to touch any liquor that is behind a lock. We believe that is a fair restriction.

Tool. in Albuquerque May 8, 2007. Holy Fucking Shit.

What did Maynanrd say? Who gives a fuck? The show here tonight was about one of the great bands of our time and how a profound sense of trascendence is created on the mass scale of a rodeo arena.

We were not on the floor. Cactus Warlock (Matt) had good seat on the Justin side (aligned with Maynard's eyeshot) , while The Rak was at the opposite end of the shed from the band. Any you know what ? The sound did not suck.

Cactus Warlock and I were down by the soundboard back in 02 or 03 when the boys rolled through town with Mehuggah, and the sound sucked. But tonight - holy shit. Goddam (shit the bed). The sound was clear. We saw everthing, albeit from different angles.

Message from Cactus [email protected]

to: entire tool band or menargarie of guests

Am offering free guide services to the White Desert and other psychodelic locations throughout Egypt. I recently appreciated the various Egyptian imagery oin the Tool show in Alquerque as well as in Denver. I am a person of limited internet access but would like to show interested persons the imagry of Egypt. [email protected]

Ok -back to the Rak.

Breathtaking. We were pummelled by the sound across the arena. I was in a chairback just off the floor above three rows of box seats from the floor and I saw everthing, haD A EXCELLENT MIX and felt as if - really - that my life had changed. Great art will do that to you.

We have here a group of musicians that transcend the limiting label of "ROCK .
Band" We see a ensamble of musicians that play at a high level of achievement,

The setlist dosent matter so much as your experience. We were uplifted.

___ But two striking things about the musicianship:

Adam has developed in the area of "guitarstorm". His move into the "metal" part of "right in Two" was very, very subtle, and he forced a terrible drum and bass breakdown into "Lateralus". Not pretty. The mix caught all the nuances of his playing, including new parts.

Danny. Is great. Fully recovered. New fills.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 AM   #6

Bincount™: 31
Re: 2007/05/08 - Albuqurque, NM - Tingley Coliseum

My boy Matt and I are failry wasted at 2:20 or so a.m., but are keeping with the pronouncement not to touch any liquor that is behind a lock. We believe that is a fair restriction.

Tool. in Albuquerque May 8, 2007. Holy Fucking Shit.

What did Maynanrd say? Who gives a fuck? The show here tonight was about one of the great bands of our time and how a profound sense of trascendence is created on the mass scale of a rodeo arena.

We were not on the floor. Cactus Warlock (Matt) had good seat on the Justin side (aligned with Maynard's eyeshot) , while The Rak was at the opposite end of the shed from the band. Any you know what ? The sound did not suck.

Cactus Warlock and I were down by the soundboard back in 02 or 03 when the boys rolled through town with Mehuggah, and the sound sucked. But tonight - holy shit. Goddam (shit the bed). The sound was clear. We saw everthing, albeit from different angles.

Message from Cactus [email protected]

to: entire tool band or menargarie of guests

Am offering free guide services to the White Desert and other psychodelic locations throughout Egypt. I recently appreciated the various Egyptian imagery oin the Tool show in Alquerque as well as in Denver. I am a person of limited internet access but would like to show interested persons the imagry of Egypt. [email protected]

Ok -back to the Rak.

Breathtaking. We were pummelled by the sound across the arena. I was in a chairback just off the floor above three rows of box seats from the floor and I saw everthing, haD A EXCELLENT MIX and felt as if - really - that my life had changed. Great art will do that to you.

We have here a group of musicians that transcend the limiting label of "ROCK .
Band" We see a ensamble of musicians that play at a high level of achievement,

The setlist dosent matter so much as your experience. We were uplifted.

___ But two striking things about the musicianship:

Adam has developed in the area of "guitarstorm". His move into the "metal" part of "right in Two" was very, very subtle, and he forced a terrible drum and bass breakdown into "Lateralus". Not pretty. The mix caught all the nuances of his playing, including new parts.

Danny. Is great. Fully recovered. New fills.
OFFLINE |