View Single Post
alarment
05-08-2007, 11:02 PM

9th time seeing Tool (once on the Aenima tour, four times for Lateralus tour, and now four times for 10,000 Days tour) Same set list as Las Cruces, which was kind of disappointing since I went to both shows. But what redeems this is that I felt that Right In Two, which is one of the songs that they have been switching in and out of the set list, was the highlight of both shows. Like what was stated above by others, the sound mix was kind of crappy, especially the vocals, which were hard to hear many times in the show. A suggestion for future concert goers… I found that the sound was better father back from the stage. I was 4-5 people from the railing for both the Cruces and ABQ shows, and discovered that the sound was sub par and muddy this far up, especially Maynard’s parts. I decided to move back half way through the ABQ show and found not only the sound improved, but the laser show was much more entertaining. I don’t know if it is just me, but is seems that the video projections do not sync as well with the music as it did on past tours or seem as meaningful. Don’t get me wrong, both shows were really good and I would go again at the drop of a hat, but I found myself not paying as much attention to the videos as I used to in the past. Anyone who has seen Tool live know that they are not the most active of bands on stage (it seems that Maynard is starting to dance more like he used to, which is good) so it is the visuals which help make the live show more impactful. Now, they seem to have taken a back seat to the lasers which only appear in maybe half the show. After seeing them twice in the past week, I do not really remember any of the animation sequences and what they had to do with the music. This is sad because I still vividly remember the video sequences to Pushit and many other songs from when I saw Tool 10 years ago. It was still a good show, but by no means their best, I think they are focusing too much on new material and would much rather see more from Undertow and Aenima, or even one song from Opiate if possible. I think also missing are added parts like the extended version of Stinkfist (we did get the sped up middle section of Schism, which is nice). Hopefully those who see the shows later on will be treated to a more diverse set list. I guess I was spoiled by the last time Tool came to Albuquerque since they played both Third Eye and H at that show….
Old 05-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/08 - Albuqurque, NM - Tingley Coliseum

9th time seeing Tool (once on the Aenima tour, four times for Lateralus tour, and now four times for 10,000 Days tour) Same set list as Las Cruces, which was kind of disappointing since I went to both shows. But what redeems this is that I felt that Right In Two, which is one of the songs that they have been switching in and out of the set list, was the highlight of both shows. Like what was stated above by others, the sound mix was kind of crappy, especially the vocals, which were hard to hear many times in the show. A suggestion for future concert goers… I found that the sound was better father back from the stage. I was 4-5 people from the railing for both the Cruces and ABQ shows, and discovered that the sound was sub par and muddy this far up, especially Maynard’s parts. I decided to move back half way through the ABQ show and found not only the sound improved, but the laser show was much more entertaining. I don’t know if it is just me, but is seems that the video projections do not sync as well with the music as it did on past tours or seem as meaningful. Don’t get me wrong, both shows were really good and I would go again at the drop of a hat, but I found myself not paying as much attention to the videos as I used to in the past. Anyone who has seen Tool live know that they are not the most active of bands on stage (it seems that Maynard is starting to dance more like he used to, which is good) so it is the visuals which help make the live show more impactful. Now, they seem to have taken a back seat to the lasers which only appear in maybe half the show. After seeing them twice in the past week, I do not really remember any of the animation sequences and what they had to do with the music. This is sad because I still vividly remember the video sequences to Pushit and many other songs from when I saw Tool 10 years ago. It was still a good show, but by no means their best, I think they are focusing too much on new material and would much rather see more from Undertow and Aenima, or even one song from Opiate if possible. I think also missing are added parts like the extended version of Stinkfist (we did get the sped up middle section of Schism, which is nice). Hopefully those who see the shows later on will be treated to a more diverse set list. I guess I was spoiled by the last time Tool came to Albuquerque since they played both Third Eye and H at that show….
OFFLINE |