View Single Post
mortiviventi
05-08-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler48 View Post
went to both sd shows and second show was definently better for me. they were both flawless, but there was just something different about the second show that blew my mind. i never thought id get to hear pushit live, so that was a nice surprise and it sounded amazing. but the san diego fans suck. im not sure if it was because it was on a college campus and just a bunch of frat guys or what, but the crowd definently lacked energy. everyone around me was either sitting down the entire show or standing with their arms crossed and a pissed off look on their face. and no one around me seemed to get stoked when they went into pushit, or even acted like they knew what it was for that matter. they didnt give tool the applaud they deserved after that amazing performance.
oh ya, and maynards scream during stinkfist, totally unexpected but it was so good, gave me the chills.

i know exactly what you mean man. hardly ANYONE reacted after his scream during stinkfist, i thought i was hearing what i wanted to hear or hallucinating or something. from that scream on i knew it was going to be a really good performance but everyone around me just thought nothing of it. the same thing happened when they started pushit. i could hardly breathe and was standing there saying "oh my fucking god. no way. no way." the people next to me looked at me like i was crazy... then again one of them seemed to be there for vicarious and nothing else so...
Old 05-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/03 - San Diego, CA - Cox Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler48 View Post
went to both sd shows and second show was definently better for me. they were both flawless, but there was just something different about the second show that blew my mind. i never thought id get to hear pushit live, so that was a nice surprise and it sounded amazing. but the san diego fans suck. im not sure if it was because it was on a college campus and just a bunch of frat guys or what, but the crowd definently lacked energy. everyone around me was either sitting down the entire show or standing with their arms crossed and a pissed off look on their face. and no one around me seemed to get stoked when they went into pushit, or even acted like they knew what it was for that matter. they didnt give tool the applaud they deserved after that amazing performance.
oh ya, and maynards scream during stinkfist, totally unexpected but it was so good, gave me the chills.

i know exactly what you mean man. hardly ANYONE reacted after his scream during stinkfist, i thought i was hearing what i wanted to hear or hallucinating or something. from that scream on i knew it was going to be a really good performance but everyone around me just thought nothing of it. the same thing happened when they started pushit. i could hardly breathe and was standing there saying "oh my fucking god. no way. no way." the people next to me looked at me like i was crazy... then again one of them seemed to be there for vicarious and nothing else so...
OFFLINE |