View Single Post
jambi46n2
05-07-2007, 07:51 AM

After the dramas at the Phoenix show last year and the tour break I was a bit concerned about how good this show would be. But fortunately all fears evaporated when Jambi started and it was clear the boys, and the crowd, where in great form. "That's how we do it in Arizona", Maynard announced before launching into Stinkfist. I had goosebumps for the first four songs. And the back-to-back set of Pushit, Wings/10000 Days and Lateralus was simply as good as it gets. Maynard wasnt very chatty, but was animated as I've seen him with his dancing. He didnt sing the La-la-las or the first two lines of the last verse in Vicarious, but chimed in on the last line "Much better you than I", so I can at least appreciate the dry humour of that. I was standing in the area to the immediate right of the stage so it was a great vantage point for watching Danny go nuts in the extended section of Schism and Lateralus and the gentler moments in Wings/10000 Days and Pushit. Couldnt see the main projection screen behind the stage but was very impressed with the stage projection images during Rosetta Stoned, Wings/10000 Days and Lateralus. All in all, very enjoyable.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/06 - Tucson, AZ - Convention Center Arena

After the dramas at the Phoenix show last year and the tour break I was a bit concerned about how good this show would be. But fortunately all fears evaporated when Jambi started and it was clear the boys, and the crowd, where in great form. "That's how we do it in Arizona", Maynard announced before launching into Stinkfist. I had goosebumps for the first four songs. And the back-to-back set of Pushit, Wings/10000 Days and Lateralus was simply as good as it gets. Maynard wasnt very chatty, but was animated as I've seen him with his dancing. He didnt sing the La-la-las or the first two lines of the last verse in Vicarious, but chimed in on the last line "Much better you than I", so I can at least appreciate the dry humour of that. I was standing in the area to the immediate right of the stage so it was a great vantage point for watching Danny go nuts in the extended section of Schism and Lateralus and the gentler moments in Wings/10000 Days and Pushit. Couldnt see the main projection screen behind the stage but was very impressed with the stage projection images during Rosetta Stoned, Wings/10000 Days and Lateralus. All in all, very enjoyable.