View Single Post
Cavalier1
05-04-2007, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoticz View Post
Great show! Probably up there with as the best I've seen. As soon as I heard him say "Think of us as a cover band", I thought No Quarter was coming on. To my suprise, Pushit, which is much better. A couple of complaints for me though:

They didnt play the little breakdown during Stinkfist, which I absolutely LOVE.

During 10000 days / Wings, the crowd around me was talking WAYY too much. Some bitch in front of me even said "this is boring" and screamed "WHOOOOOOOOOOO" every other 2 minutes, which almost prompted me to kick her in back of her fucking head and watch her go down the staircase (I was in an asile seat).

Maynard didnt scream "VICARIOUSLY I!!!! LIVE WHILE THE WHOLE WORLD DIES!!!" during Vicarious, which is understandable. He was probably worn out from the show, but It would have been nice to here. I always get chills from that part.

Other than that, great show. Every song was well executed. Plus, for once, they didnt play sober. Thank god.

Kaoticz
............I also agree about the Stinkfist extended segment. I miss that breakdown right before the lyrics "I 'll keep digging". But.... with the new extended version of Lateralus being played the past two nights, (and at Reno and Vegas), I think it more than fulfills that void. Its fucking great to see that the band has given Danny his own break on tour to improvise and show the crowd his skills. This percussion breakdown, is quite unexpected during Lateralus, which in turn, makes it a great listen.

Me being a percussionist, I loved to see that. Being close to the stage tonight in row 4 , on Justin's side, gave me a great view of not only Justin's playing, but Danny's intensity on set.

....The quote from Maynard at the May 2nd show ( I saw both San Diego shows) concerning Wings/10, 000 Days: " A song about a/my dead mother, and all you do is yell and drink beer" Dude... I know how you feel. Maybe this quote shoud be printed on your heel, and left as a permanent mark on this persons forehead, after you kick her. Just to remind her.... Liike "Unity" was on Charlie Murphy's head after Rick James punched him. In my opinion, I too think this song deserves the respect of us all when we hear it at shows. I try to respect (in some ways those who find it as a bore). .I just hope everyone understands its meaniing in their own way. They think for themsleves about it. I applaud Maynard for saying a feeling he had about it.... San Diego seemed to understand Maynard's quote. Many in the section I was sitting in (Section A) for the May 2nd show, sat down and took in the song and visuals in their own way. Maynard asks us to "think for ourselves". Even though this song reflects a single, identifiable person in his mother, we can still reflect on it in our lives.. ..

For those few who that treat the song as a piss break, beer run, or something else during the show, its cool, your decision...good music ,good times right, and maybe this song does bore you But it seemed in San Diego that aside from a small amount of "beer yellers", this was respected by the majority of people. For its meaning, or whatever the crowd felt during the song, it was a nice atmospehere to feel connected to the music.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/03 - San Diego, CA - Cox Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoticz View Post
Great show! Probably up there with as the best I've seen. As soon as I heard him say "Think of us as a cover band", I thought No Quarter was coming on. To my suprise, Pushit, which is much better. A couple of complaints for me though:

They didnt play the little breakdown during Stinkfist, which I absolutely LOVE.

During 10000 days / Wings, the crowd around me was talking WAYY too much. Some bitch in front of me even said "this is boring" and screamed "WHOOOOOOOOOOO" every other 2 minutes, which almost prompted me to kick her in back of her fucking head and watch her go down the staircase (I was in an asile seat).

Maynard didnt scream "VICARIOUSLY I!!!! LIVE WHILE THE WHOLE WORLD DIES!!!" during Vicarious, which is understandable. He was probably worn out from the show, but It would have been nice to here. I always get chills from that part.

Other than that, great show. Every song was well executed. Plus, for once, they didnt play sober. Thank god.

Kaoticz
............I also agree about the Stinkfist extended segment. I miss that breakdown right before the lyrics "I 'll keep digging". But.... with the new extended version of Lateralus being played the past two nights, (and at Reno and Vegas), I think it more than fulfills that void. Its fucking great to see that the band has given Danny his own break on tour to improvise and show the crowd his skills. This percussion breakdown, is quite unexpected during Lateralus, which in turn, makes it a great listen.

Me being a percussionist, I loved to see that. Being close to the stage tonight in row 4 , on Justin's side, gave me a great view of not only Justin's playing, but Danny's intensity on set.

....The quote from Maynard at the May 2nd show ( I saw both San Diego shows) concerning Wings/10, 000 Days: " A song about a/my dead mother, and all you do is yell and drink beer" Dude... I know how you feel. Maybe this quote shoud be printed on your heel, and left as a permanent mark on this persons forehead, after you kick her. Just to remind her.... Liike "Unity" was on Charlie Murphy's head after Rick James punched him. In my opinion, I too think this song deserves the respect of us all when we hear it at shows. I try to respect (in some ways those who find it as a bore). .I just hope everyone understands its meaniing in their own way. They think for themsleves about it. I applaud Maynard for saying a feeling he had about it.... San Diego seemed to understand Maynard's quote. Many in the section I was sitting in (Section A) for the May 2nd show, sat down and took in the song and visuals in their own way. Maynard asks us to "think for ourselves". Even though this song reflects a single, identifiable person in his mother, we can still reflect on it in our lives.. ..

For those few who that treat the song as a piss break, beer run, or something else during the show, its cool, your decision...good music ,good times right, and maybe this song does bore you But it seemed in San Diego that aside from a small amount of "beer yellers", this was respected by the majority of people. For its meaning, or whatever the crowd felt during the song, it was a nice atmospehere to feel connected to the music.
OFFLINE |