View Single Post
Cavalier1
05-04-2007, 01:11 AM

A lot of reviews so far have been about "Push It" for this show, but also buzzworthy (and not mentioned too much) about the San Diego show, (and all shows from here on out) is the premier of the new stage design and visuals for this tour. I didnt see to many posts from Reno and Vegas about the new look of Tool for this tour. Visuals with music at Tool concerts in my opinion (and probably many others) is such a great part of a Tool show. For those of you wondering what you might "see" (visually) with this tour, compared to last tour, I'll try to explain here.

First, from this show in San Diego, the band has delivered on their promise for a visually larger stage show for this tour, compared to the first one we all saw in the first 10,000 days tour. Cox Arena was a great venue for this. Visual changes include two large 20x20 foot screens on each side of the stage, (much like the Lateralus tour in 2001-2002 we all loved so much). Also present, are new laser/ light visuals during Wings/10,000 Days that are very Pink Floyd- like. A large silk curtain hangs above the stage, which displays various images, until ultimately showing the 10,000 Days "Heads" design. Look closely at this silk curtain above the stage, and you will notice the head design is 3-D. Similarities from last tour: the four smaller screens behind the band, about 8x10 feet return. Each screen showing the great video accompaniments (with new video to some songs, from the work of Adam Jones and probably Chet Zar among others) . Stage floor, projects these images we see behind the band on the four small screens. Also crossing over from last tour, we see the 3 large circular laser projectors/lights that come down from the rafters. Last tour, these came down during Lateralus. Now these come down during the "Intermission" period of the show, in a way that is very "outer space" like. We see them project images around the arena for each song thereafter.

Overall, for all you Arizonians, midwesterners and east coasters now receiving this great band as it moves across the country, from their latest shows here in San Diiego, this tour, visually Tool is like we remember. From reading past posts of Vegas and Reno, I know some of you were wondering about this, and I hope this helps.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:11 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Tool Visuals for this Tour

A lot of reviews so far have been about "Push It" for this show, but also buzzworthy (and not mentioned too much) about the San Diego show, (and all shows from here on out) is the premier of the new stage design and visuals for this tour. I didnt see to many posts from Reno and Vegas about the new look of Tool for this tour. Visuals with music at Tool concerts in my opinion (and probably many others) is such a great part of a Tool show. For those of you wondering what you might "see" (visually) with this tour, compared to last tour, I'll try to explain here.

First, from this show in San Diego, the band has delivered on their promise for a visually larger stage show for this tour, compared to the first one we all saw in the first 10,000 days tour. Cox Arena was a great venue for this. Visual changes include two large 20x20 foot screens on each side of the stage, (much like the Lateralus tour in 2001-2002 we all loved so much). Also present, are new laser/ light visuals during Wings/10,000 Days that are very Pink Floyd- like. A large silk curtain hangs above the stage, which displays various images, until ultimately showing the 10,000 Days "Heads" design. Look closely at this silk curtain above the stage, and you will notice the head design is 3-D. Similarities from last tour: the four smaller screens behind the band, about 8x10 feet return. Each screen showing the great video accompaniments (with new video to some songs, from the work of Adam Jones and probably Chet Zar among others) . Stage floor, projects these images we see behind the band on the four small screens. Also crossing over from last tour, we see the 3 large circular laser projectors/lights that come down from the rafters. Last tour, these came down during Lateralus. Now these come down during the "Intermission" period of the show, in a way that is very "outer space" like. We see them project images around the arena for each song thereafter.

Overall, for all you Arizonians, midwesterners and east coasters now receiving this great band as it moves across the country, from their latest shows here in San Diiego, this tour, visually Tool is like we remember. From reading past posts of Vegas and Reno, I know some of you were wondering about this, and I hope this helps.
OFFLINE |