View Single Post
littlejason
05-03-2007, 02:42 AM

From where i was i didn't even notice the laser pointer.

I saw them in Bakersfield and LA last year and, in my opinion, this was way better than both of those shows. My 3rd Tool show and by FAR the best. I was with a friend who hadn't seen them before and he leaned over me right after Wings ended and said, "How can i ever see another show again?" Oh, and the quote before Wings was:

"I know when i hear a song about somebody's dead mother i like to drink beer and holler."

The fact that he chose the word "holler" is what got me laughing, so i made sure to remember the quote. Also the anniversary and birthday shout outs ending with "and so-and-so your whole family has died in a terrible accident, enjoy the show!" was a good time.

Maynard seemed to be having a great time tonight. Lateralus shined brightly, best of the 3 times i've seen it by far. Same goes for Rosetta, Rosetta at the first LA show was lacking a bit for me and this was everything i was hoping it would be. First time i've heard Lost Keys live. I'm hoping they do one more round of shows with retrospective material. This is a great set list and i've loved it all 3 times, but i would like to see some other songs eventually.

On the way back to Orange County, about half way home we remembered that there was an opening band.

So i definately give this an A+ rating.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:42 AM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/02 - San Diego, CA - Cox Arena

From where i was i didn't even notice the laser pointer.

I saw them in Bakersfield and LA last year and, in my opinion, this was way better than both of those shows. My 3rd Tool show and by FAR the best. I was with a friend who hadn't seen them before and he leaned over me right after Wings ended and said, "How can i ever see another show again?" Oh, and the quote before Wings was:

"I know when i hear a song about somebody's dead mother i like to drink beer and holler."

The fact that he chose the word "holler" is what got me laughing, so i made sure to remember the quote. Also the anniversary and birthday shout outs ending with "and so-and-so your whole family has died in a terrible accident, enjoy the show!" was a good time.

Maynard seemed to be having a great time tonight. Lateralus shined brightly, best of the 3 times i've seen it by far. Same goes for Rosetta, Rosetta at the first LA show was lacking a bit for me and this was everything i was hoping it would be. First time i've heard Lost Keys live. I'm hoping they do one more round of shows with retrospective material. This is a great set list and i've loved it all 3 times, but i would like to see some other songs eventually.

On the way back to Orange County, about half way home we remembered that there was an opening band.

So i definately give this an A+ rating.
OFFLINE |